Tuesday, April 3, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 3/19/12…..

I was reading the billions of letters, LOL, you sent and they were great to read.... I always love reading your letters.... and now we are at another place for online, so there is no time limit like before. .....

I'm glad you got your corn beef and cabbage and they don't give it here thank goodness.  LOL.  (It was St. Patrick’s Day and it’s been years since I’d had a traditional home cooked corned beef and cabbage meal, right on the holiday)…And we look like we will be finishing together woot woot!!!!!!   (Jessie and Hermana Curl will be finishing their missions together.   They started in the Provo MTC as a threesome companionship with Hermana Kamisese and now they’ll end together as well.   What a blessing for them!)
So here are some pointers of the week.... not too much has happened.....

1. Happy St. Patty's day again and soon Happy Easter.  LOL.

2. I realized it was Mare's bday on the 10th so I need to send her a little package………  (Jessie’s good friend from high school who just returned home from her own mission to LA in January.)

3. We went again to the one family who is Evanglista to share and eat and man they know how to shove food into our mouths. We made our plates full and they still made us put more in. We sipped our juice and they filled the cup up.... they had filled the plates completely full for us to eat it all..... we could not do it.... we couldn't even finish what was on our plate without them asking us to put more on. We were stuffed to the brim of our necks... It was so, so delicious, yet so much food!!!!

4. Rashme our investigator made us surprised this last week. We didn't even see her until Saturday night. She before asked us to come every night to teach and she told us she would call us and didn't.  So we passed by the house and nothing and called and nothing. Then we finally found her on Saturday and she said she was busy. Then we taught and she said we can pass any day of this week, so we'll try passing tomorrow. It was odd and I'm not sure what will happen about the baptism.

5. Alvaro is doing awesome.... I am seriously so proud of him. This last Sunday he attended a baptism of a young boy and thought it was interesting. Shoots when he gets baptized we'll probably have to use the sacramental room. LOL..... but he has an appointment with the bishop this week, and then he will go to Colombia (he is from there), fix things up with family, have a personal interview with President and then I hope dunk himself in the water :)

6. Our hippy awesome family has had a rough week and we haven't been able to visit. They have been sick, busy, and lost their water. Then there was a drama scene we saw with the mom and her ex-boyfriend who we later found out was a menos activo. Small world eh... they’re awesome and I hope things have gotten better. We are hoping to visit tomorrow.

7. I think you will find this funny that Hermana Curl and I talk to each other through the bathroom door..... we are just like u and me. It's a riot she's like you in many ways.... she scuffs her slippers, we talk through the bathroom, she makes cheezy jokes, she sings a song that relates to any word, and I tell her EVERYTHING.... I can't keep things from her.... we crack up from it all.  

8. I was thinking about doing a  picture with my direction on it to pass out to people so they have my information... what do you think?   (I think she meant ‘contact information’.   Too much Spanish.  LOL)

9. I saw a man hanging off the side of a car with the door closed driving down the main road.... it was really weird.

10. I am so, so, so, so, so happy that I qualify for FAFSA.  I was just telling Hermana Curl how I didn't know how to pay for everything, that I might need to do Del Sol again to save or work super hard.   (Jes will be going back to school in the fall to finish her Bachelor’s Degree in Hawaii.   The costs have skyrocketed since she was there in 2008.   FAFSA is for the government’s Pell Grant, in which she qualified for a small amount.   Del Sol is the company she interned for one fall.  As hopeful as she is about the grant, she’s still going to have to work super hard so we can get it all paid for.   J )
I'm excited to try the turkey legs from Disney.... I sure hope they have them.   (on our family vacation...this from the girl who used to make me fix spaghetti for her on Thanksgiving because she DID NOT like turkey.)

(Again, about school…..) yeah it’s going to be very intense, in all honesty I don't think I can finish in one year, (She can’t.   It was wishful thinking on the mommy person’s part.)   I have none of the requirements for the major.
But gotta go.... I LOVE YOU TONS AND TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment