Thursday, April 19, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 4/9/12………

Thanks so much for my Easter gift... it's awesome.... THANKS A BUNCH!!! HAPPY BELATED EASTER

We keep bugging the elders for our mail, but they still haven’t given it to us yet.
Puerto Ricans don't celebrate Easter, so mine was like yours except our tire had a screw stuck in it, so we walked for miles.

Here in PR they celebrate Semana Santa or Holy week and Good Friday with activities of Jesus on the cross.
Wow what an info filled letter.... crazy stuff all around as always.....

Here is my week in a nutshell....

1. ………………

2.  We spent all day Wednesday working on Hermana Curl's mormon.org project which turned out awesome. We stayed literally the whole day in the office and in President's house.  He needed this for a Mission President seminar in the DR.

3. Our tire had a giant screw stuck in it, so we parked the car and forgot we even had a donut and walked for miles again.  LOL.  Brought some memories back....

4. We had an activity called pan and miel on April 6, our 18 month birthday (anniversary…they’ve both been on their missions for 18 months)  (which was Good Friday and we wanted to celebrate with PRican food called mofongo but we couldn't cause everything was closed but Chili's, so we ate that.) Anyways the activity was a celebration of Christ's birth. They talked about Christ and we sang Christmas songs. Then in the end everyone eats bread, honey, grapes, and grape juice. It was interesting and good. We had 3 investigators show up it was great. We had Wineska and Jean and Tricia, the hippy mom with blue hair. They seemed to like it.

5. I've officially decided, can you please make me some of our famous cookies when we come back from the trip? It's been like 6.5 years the last time I have had them.

6. Unfortunately the guy who I got in the car crash with didn't show up for his other appointment, so the missionaries called me and explained that the church can't get any money until he attends his cita, so lucky me, I had to call him and bug him more to go to his cita. I can't just shake off this crazy car stuff.

7. Tomorrow we are going to have an awesome Easter conference it sounds like. They’re going to have an international night and we are going somewhere too. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. We have two baptismal dates right now we have Alvaro and Tanya who is a 13 year old girl. We aren't sure if she'll be baptized before we leave, but it would be cool. We have some good investigators right now.

9. I'm excited about Kris and Brix about going to Hawaii that's awesome, hopefully they haven't forgotten me.  I haven't heard a word from them.   (They are a married couple who are good friends of Jessie’s.    They’ll be moving to Oahu for school and will be there the same time Jessie is there.)

10. Siobhan our investigator said she's going to make us a picture, she is a great artist.

11. We spent hours in Pep Boys so that is why we are late online.
(Regarding Hermana Curl.   I asked if she and Jessie were on the same flight home.)   She doesn't know about her flight, but I highly doubt we are on the same.  I'm going to try to send a copy of the mormon.org thing so you can see what we did. The activity was a stake thing. ……. And the cookies I thought about cause I ate one that tasted like yours.

I also forgot to mention that I am now trying to finish the Pearl of Great Price.  I am in the JS (Joseph Smith) translation of Matthew.... so by the time I finish I would have read the whole triple.   (Triple Combination … Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants/Pearl of Great Price).
I always get stuck with the slow computers..... I swear my luck and patience have been seriously tested during this mission.

I'm not even flying with Hermana Ghersi who is going straight to Utah.... the flights are all different because of spring break.   (Kind of crazy, eh?)
Yeah seems like we are flying alone to the same place, different times... Salt Lake did it

Well I have to go and we need to still buy some things in Walmart... but I'll talk to you soon and I might be in St. Croix.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH keep being super strong you truly are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! my hero and best friend!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment