Friday, March 16, 2012

EMAIL 3/12/12……….

Well you don't seem to be online right now.... I was hoping you would be because I figured you would be at work..... but our pday changed for Monday. The mission decided to make everything on the same day.  For example, we now have our district meeting, our pday, and our planning sessions on the same day. Crazy I know.... it is interesting. So we have had two pdays in less than a week. Wouldn't that be nice if that happened all the time.... LOL.   Soon I'll have pdays every day!!

Here is this week.... it's been interesting....

1. We did something fun for pday ... we went to CHUCK-E-Cheeses.... it was awesome they have a deal right now for a 4.99 medium pizza and then we spent $5 for 20 playing tokens.... it was super fun!!!! and now we are here and you aren't.  LOL

2. With our investigator who I mentioned who tracted us down, we did a lesson including helium balloons. She has had some difficult family situations and we decided we could have her write down her feelings on a paper, attach it to the balloon and let it go, literally letting go her feelings. We even did it too.  We were so impressed how far the balloons went. We wished we took a picture. The idea came from one of the conference talks about some sisters letting go their balloons. Our lesson went really well. She felt super better and said it made a difference. We taught her about the Restoration yesterday and she took it very well and agreed to be baptized. We don't have a date yet, we hope to have it soon. Also she went to church and said she had felt a lot of peace there.

3. We gave good ol’ Alvaro a tour around the church. We did a scavenger hunt with scriptures leading him to each room. He found it interesting to learn about some of the rooms he has never been in. We then ended in the baptismal font and talked about that. President was supposed to come earlier, but was late from a leadership meeting. Well just when we were about to finish up, President walked in and they both started talking. Alvaro shared some things and he wants to talk to President privately. Alvaro and his wife Olga are heading to Columbia soon, but when they come back on the week of the 18th, Pres. and him will have a chat. So please keep praying that this will be it. He keeps asking when we are leaving. LOL...... so we hope it's soon.

4. I got sick all Saturday.... serious throwing-up and major diarrhea.... it was awful.... I was stuck at home and I think I lost weight too.  LOL.... everyone the next day at church told me I looked thinner. It could have been a virus maybe.... but glad I'm done yuck... it's been a long time the last time I've done that.

5. I was looking at housing, ouch.... it’s still expensive (at BYU-Hawaii) and all the scholarships you gave me, I don't really even qualify for their requirements.... for little people need to be a member, Bank One you need to sign me up for it, Italian I need to be in high school, and another one something else. LOL ..... they don't even work for me... was there not a sister missionary one?   (FYI….I only sent her scholarship applications she COULD apply for.   I told her to read them more carefully.   LOL.   If anyone reading this knows about scholarships Jessie should apply for please, please, please send us the information.   We’ve got to get this girl through school.  J)

6. I can't wait to make you all Puerto Rican food...

7. HAPPY ST. PATTIES DAY!!!!!!!

8. I'm sad I can't chat with you today. You’re not there.   (Me too!)

9. We still don't know about transfers... (Transfers were scheduled to happen on Wednesday, March 14th.   This is her last one before she comes home!)

10. I found a place that has great jewelry for .50 and would be awesome for gifts.

Well I LOVE YOU AND KYLE TONS AND HOPE ALL IS WELL>>>> LOVE AND MISS MUCHO!!!!!

Hermana Jessie Comoletti

No comments:

Post a Comment