Friday, April 20, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 4/16/12………


Hello... mom
(Regarding her clothes at home and our trip…..)  I hope my things will fit.... I've packed quite a bit, but still have a bit and I still have clothes, but I've given a lot to Amy who is going to serve in Mexico. So hopefully.... my books cover a lot of space and weight.

So here are some pointers about this week:

1. We have two baptisms this week. We have the young teenager named Tanya who is getting baptized on Wednesday and Alvaro on Saturday, we hope.  LOL.  We haven't talked to him still. We had an FHE (Family Home Evening) planned so hopefully that will still happen. I'm super excited for both of them and it would be great to see those two baptisms.

2. We had 5 investigators come to church, for me I think that was my personal record. It was so awesome to see our investigators there and all of ours right now are progressing yeah!!!!! Siobhan our cool hippy even came to church. It was funny though she told us that it seemed really calm because her church is pretty rowdy.  LOL. It was still super awesome, LOL, to see them.

3. I bore my testimony on Fast Sunday.

4. We had an amazing mission Easter activity. YEAH for amazing, fun activities!!!! We had our spiritual time, then we ate, and had all the international missionaries share about their country. It was an international theme activity. I even participated in the Tongan group. I had no idea what I was doing with Hermana Eteaki cuz I just walked in with her and just watched and followed, I looked super lame. But it was fun and the Tongan group had a super funny act that they did. Then we ended heading to one of the places I have wanted to go to all of my mission.... the SAN JUAN MORRO!!!!! It's way famous and when people mention PR that is part of it. So we got to go to this great fort and then they had a performance where they did traditional folklore PRican dancing. I was in heaven, enjoying every moment of it. Then we walked a little to see old San Juan as we walked back to our car, and then we had to say our goodbye's to the missionaries who we won't see anymore. It was sad.... that was when it kind of hit me for real. I keep talking about it, but saying actually byes was weird. Also crazy Elder Hargadon and Scroggins from our group will be serving in St. Thomas when we head over there. I told them.  LOL.

5. We've eaten a lot this week, so I might be fatter.

6. President told me I had to ride my bike for 16 hours this week, yuck.... it’s been raining and awful when we try to go on the bikes. It's sunny when we ride the car.

7. We have another project to do. We have to make a human sized Jesus to sit on a bench so people will sit with him and take a picture. It will say mormon.org on it. So that is our project this week. We are thinking of two things: a foam painted Jesus or a graffiti Jesus with a bench against a wall and he's painted on the wall and bench like he's sitting. They have amazing graffiti here in PR. We'll see please pray that we can get it done.

(I asked who would be painting…) We have ward members who are going to help with the Jesus and the other is a pro artist that we need to see if we can get permission because its $250.
8.  We had a full piece of poop come up in the shower today, guacala.

Gross huh, second time, the worst is that we're the ones cleaning it... also we have cockroaches in our car .   The roaches I think are from the car sitting for a month.
(I asked about the flags in the pictures….are they always together?   The US flag and the PR flag?)   Yeah the flags are always together...

(I commented on the photos of the ocean.   I can almost smell it through the photos.   I asked her if she loved being so close to it.)   You have no idea... that besides that day in Ponce is the closest and oh how I love it.... I wish I could have served near it... thank goodness I'm going to Hawaii.  LOL.  Also one of my recent converts that I taught is in Hawaii and Hermana Ghersi is returning back here in May.
(I asked for clarifications….)   Yeah she was already baptized, but I taught her as a recent convert. She now lives in Hawaii which I knew, but now she's actually there. Her husband is in the military. Then Kris and Brix will be there too. He's going for law school.

Hermana Ghersi is going with her family on the 14th or something (back to PR)... her mom works for an airline and gets free tickets. That's the job I need to work for an airline.
(I asked if the car accident stuff was all squared away…..)   No, there are still problems unfortunately....

hey gotta go tho, I'll see you next week!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU TONS!!! TELL KYLE HI FROM ME!!!!
Hasta Luego

















No comments:

Post a Comment