Thursday, April 5, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 4/2/12……..

... today I only have an hour because well it’s holy week for Easter and everything is closing.

…and the holidays are super rough as missionaries... they have too many.
Here is my week:

1. Our shower likes to flood up from the sewer and this week we had a "poopy shower".... literally we had toilet paper and poop with corn in it YUCK on our shower floor.... we used a lot of bleach and cleaner stuff. It was DISGUSTING!!!

2. I have officially finished reading Doctrine and Covenants and the Book of Mormon 4 times during my mission. I am in John in the Bible and Moses right now.

3. Our investigator Siobhan is doing awesome. Yesterday she explained that sometimes she feels a subtle feeling that is good, but didn't know what it was. We explained it was the Spirit and she wants to use the BOM to defend sometimes that what her preachers teach aren't what the scriptures teach.

4. We had 4 investigators attend the General conference. Wineska and Jon are progressing tons and liked the conference. Also I felt that they were talking to me the whole time. I was shocked that they didn't announce any temples... we were hoping for PR. But I really loved this session and would love to buy the CDs when they are out.

5. ALVARO ARIAS WILL BE BAPTIZED ON 21 APRIL 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so happy!!! We were planning to have our meeting with President at his house on the 18th, but not this Sunday, but last he had an interview with the Bishop and left church happy. Then he called us at night and said, can I have the phone number for President because I want to see if we can change our day to meet for this week. I was so thrilled. So I made the arrangements and talked with President and he said that he would change things so he could come. We talked with Alvaro and set a day. After Pres told me that the Lord is answering my prayers and my desires are being granted..... we met up on Tuesday night and we then ate dinner at their house (Salmon) and then we chatted for a long time about promotion ideas for a project that Hermana Curl is doing for mormon.org.... then Alvaro decided for us all to split. Him and Pres in the living room, and us, his daughters and wife with Elder Lopez outside in their nice yard. We waited and waited... and then 11 pm passed and we figured we should go..... then we headed home while they were still talking. Then we headed home and Pres called us asking where we had gone.... we were in the house settling in and he asked us to come back. Then he changed his mind and put us on speaker... when Alvaro made his announcement.  Alavaro wanted us there at the house to hear, but oopps.... good news is he is getting baptized finally!!!!!

6. We had our dance class this Wednesday for hula and it was a super fun this time, because usually we have like 3 women and my companion, but this time young primary girls waiting for their moms in meetings came and danced the whole time with us. They loved it and we loved it. They were amazing. They were learning a millions times faster than the hermanas. It was super fun with them.

7. I might have other good news next week, but I'll let you know next week.

I LOVE YOU TONS and MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SUPER SOON!!! just think this Friday is my 18 MESES!!!!!   (Her official 18 month mark for missionary service.)
(Alvaro's daughters and wife have been members for 20+ years. They've been waiting and praying for a long time. Also, Siobhan is the hippy girl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment