Thursday, November 3, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 10/26/11……..

Hey so I won't probably have the time to chat much because we now have library rules of 1 hour on the computer....

I love reading your letters.... I feel at home which I need many times....

Well, not much has happened....

1.  …………………..

2. I got to see Hma. Jimenez and it was great. She is doing already and we both miss each other terribly LOL.... we had a training that turned out really good. I learned a lot and I wasn't really the one meant to be trained. LOL.  So many of the sisters were at the meeting and it was fun to see them all. I learned how important it is to look for the chosen investigators. I tend to allow my investigators to linger and not just let them go. It's hard as a missionary you just have faith that the person will have potential and in any minute progress. But many of ours never progress and we stay with them anyways. This helped me to realize that I really need to find chosen ones who are ready to hear and be baptized.  Also different ways of teaching I learned as well, that I want to definitely try focusing on.

3. We visited with Miss Mirna. She will have her operation in Nov 11, Becky's bday, yuck eh. She says she is nervous about this one because before she had breast cancer. She is one of my favorite people and it was the coolest thing the other day when we talked with her. Awhile back I gave her a challenge and a promise. I asked her to start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning and spend like 5 minutes a day, and promised that she would learn new things and grow to love the book in a different way. Not just to read, but to understand it. She testified that she has been reading every day and she totally understands it better and loves it. She has said it's helped her through this and when she waits in the hospitals she reads it. I was like YAHHAHHHHH!!!!!! And her family, who aren't members, want to go to church with her before she gets operated. Let's pray for that, that would be great. Her husband went to church.

4. No the little girl did not get baptized in the river at all yet... we are still waiting for that. The family is super cool, but they have a lot of issues that come up in the family.

5. Maria with the dogs.... we haven't been able to see her, but our plan is to visit with her tomorrow.... she just lives super far away to visit frequently, but we do have a cita tomorrow. She is super sweet.

6. The reference from President has been an impossible person to get a hold of....

7. The other Maria she and her kids went to an activity this Saturday (with the stake, saw Adjuntas) and they didn't want to really participate, but we got them goin’ and playin’ and after they had fun. They also attended a baptism, missed the baptism part, but saw the other part. The plan is that Maria will be baptized this Saturday (please pray for her).

8. The international night was awesome and lasted for a very long time. We didn't get to finish seeing it, but it was great! They had different tables set up (almost all Latin countries, LOL) and then each one presented their country and had a food from it that everyone could taste. Some people presented dances and songs. It was fun!!! and I explained a little about Hawaii....

9. Also these aren't our baptisms, but Ponce 4 has not had baptisms for 2 years and this last Saturday they had 2 baptisms... men (priesthood) cool eh?

10. I'm losing my tan. LOL.  I didn't know what to write for the last point.

Sorry I think I have to go soon.....  it (the international night) was supposed to be a missionary tool, but not many investigators came, LOL, and it was outside.... the temple night sounded great from Tricia (cousin serving a mission in California),  and the dog got in a fight when it has no teeth and apparently ears bleed a lot when it’s not serious. (see photo)

The girl in the white shirt is Hermana Peterson... she is awesome... and she was the one who gave me the backpack...

the food is pinon, white rice, and amarillos (Puerto Rican food)

 ... and yeah the dog was okay after.... and the activity was fantastic

I love you so much gotta go and you are the best I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND TELL KYLE THE SAME!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Hermanas of PR Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment