Thursday, November 3, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 11/2/11……….

and drum roll please.... SURPRISE..... I got transferred from Ponce a week early from transfers... actually many hermanas transferred yesterday.

Halloween did not feel like Halloween.... some houses were decorated, but here isn't as big of a deal. We saw a few kids in front of our house, but we worked until our usual time.... many people don't feel that it is safe, so they have their own parties. One of the wards had a trunk a treat, wanted to go, but we didn't have any investigators to go. Then someone in the ward had one, but we didn't go there either (we were limited in decisions within the companionship).

We haven't rehearsed for the group. Don't know what's happening with that....  (the touring musical performance group some senior missionaries were starting…they used to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir).

I got my SD card and soon I will send my other.... also I keep forgetting my camera cord to bring and that is why I haven't sent the one picture.
okay so here are the details....

1. Monday night we received a phone call.... I had been waiting to receive one about us and if we were going to switch early.... then it was wild cuz the call was to say that the hermanas were going to have their transfer early. She told me to pack and that we had to be in San Juan at 7am. It took me hours to pack and make everything fit in 2 suitcases, my carryon and my backpack.... not easy I have a lot of things. Anyways I finally finished and thought it was sad I couldn't say bye to anyone... usually we might know a little before... I had no idea. So I'm going to miss some people from Ponce, I made some good friends. Anyways we headed out in the morning and sadly we were very late for our meeting (traffic). We ended the mission home and President had already started long ago eeek.... we had a great lesson about womanhood, our importance of being sisters and woman and our responsibilities. Then he explained about we are making differences even if we can't see them. Then he told us our changes.... I am in Trujillo Alto which is in San Juan. Now I am with Hermana Rodriguez from Mexico.... she was the other trainer that we switched comps. Now we're together. LOL.... but it seems like it will be a good transfer. We will be together for sure until January. Her birthday is this Saturday.... third bday with a companion. Also I have been given the responsibility to help Hermana Ghersi to travel sometimes with her and help her visit the sisters. So not all the time, but a few times I will be traveling with her to see the sisters (like Hermana Garcia and Christianson). So that should be super amazing and a great experience. I love the sisters and traveling. We have a training meeting this next Thursday. Also she will be training a new sister in Guaynabo who is from Belmont, Mass.

In Trujillo Alto there are two couples we are working with to get married and baptized.... pray we will be able to help them make these choices....

2. Ponce 2 had 2 baptisms.... finally the little girl Kayra Santiago got baptized and Maria Negron. Poor Maria... she was terrified to get baptized and then when it was time for her to enter the font had trained a bit, and it takes forever to fill the font.... so everyone waited for the font to be filled up enough.... then she got baptized.. YAHHH and then all of a sudden the little girl who had been hard to set a date because her mom wanted her to get baptized in a river made the decision to be baptized that same night. The elders ran over and interviewed her and then after everyone waiting for the family to come, the little girl got baptized. Unfortunately she didn't come on Sunday to receive the Holy Ghost.....

3. People say I look skinnier, but I don't think I am

4. We dropped off Hermana Ghersi in the airport because she is visiting the sisters in St. Croix and there was a Del Sol in the airport.... (Jessie did an internship in Key West, Florida for Del Sol before her mission.)

5. I drive a new car again yah...

yeah Hermana Ghersi left with president, so we didn't really check out the store. LOL.... and it's sad about the baptism because it's not valid if the person doesn't receive the Holy Ghost, so pray she'll go this Sunday.

and I will be sending you a package of stuff I can't hold on anymore because it takes up space (letters and things).    

I definitely brought my JDawgs sauce. Hermana Ghersi saw it and freaked out with excitement. We are going to have a JDawg night. LOL.....

okay forgot to mention when we had the meeting with president and the sisters, we also ate a Mexican breakfast that Hermana Jimenez and Hermana Rodriguez made (tacos, lettuce, more like lunch food) but it was good and then we received a new RS book (manual) "Daughters in My Kingdom" which seems like an amazing book. I'm excited to read it.
 I think you need to read it and meditate in it.... It really seems like an inspired book for the woman. I just started today, but in the first page I could feel the Spirit.

and sad news the people who we were working with in Ponce, they can't really work with them anymore, cuz the area is strictly one urbanization and the people live outside (the area).

please pray for them...

Maria Negron
Maria Rivera
Miriam Pacheko
Evitte Arroyo
Joann
Rosa

gotta go LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND TELL KYLE THE SAME>>>>>soon we get to talk on the phone....  (for Christmas…….Yahoo!)          XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXoXoXXO

No comments:

Post a Comment