Thursday, November 17, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 11/16/11…………

I'm sorry I'm going to be boring today...not much has happened this week....

1. We had our zone conference: it was good we talked about how people need to understand the principle of tithing first hand because it's such an important commandment. And that is one of the biggest problems here in Puerto Rico is the members do not pay tithing. We have 22% that attend and 12% pay tithing... NOT GOOD.... but we are going to try to focus on teaching this principle earlier with our investigators so they know how important it is and how to properly keep this sacred commandment. We also have a new assignment to do... study 5 attributes: sacrifice, obedience, diligence, virtue, and consecration. So that should be good. I've come to realize I like to do assignments like this in the scriptures and things because I always look at it in a different perspective than I understood it before.

ZONE CONFERENCE - November 2011

2. Our baptismal dates, we need to push back and we don't know exactly what is going to happen with them.

3. Hermana Rodriguez and I are doing well... things have been normal but I have figured out something that maybe we can give her for Christmas. It seems like she loves bath and body works. So I don't know if they will have great deals, but something from there I'm sure she'll love it. Also she loved her birthday things, we decorated a table in the chapel before we planned for the week, it was cute and she loved the necklace.... we do very well picking gifts.

4. We found a good Chinese restaurant that is near the house... yeah normal Chinese... because here it's weird and they eat french fries and rice with it.

5. Alma 24:30 is pretty intense and I want to make sure I can help people who have had this problem to really realize that they aren't only effecting themselves and causing condemnation, but as well they are sacrificing the happiness of their families. It explains that those who have a knowledge of the truth, reject it or not live it, will have harder hearts than when they didn't know the truth. And sadly I have seen that many times, and it made me realize that this life is literally the only true chance that we can use the Atonement in the way that ALL our sins and transgressions can be forgiven. Whatever the sin may be, we can fix it in this life. It is only this life here on earth that we can receive the full effect of the Atonement to save us. I don't understand why people who have made covenants allow temporal things or sins get in the way of their family’s happiness and only chance to live completely together forever. How selfish and sad. It really made me think, I want this hard hearted people who have made this choice, to stop and think and really use the Atonement in their lives, so they can receive the eternal blessings of exaltation with their families forever. That is the whole point that we are even here!!!

6.   All is normal .... LOL

7. We are singing a super hard but cool song for the program with a bell accompaniment "La Primera Navidad".
I asked her if she was fed every day like the missionaries in other areas get fed (by Church members, usually).   This was her response:

No, not really. Sometimes investigators or menos activos but not much with members. We randomly get food or offered at the cita, we don't get assigned food... we don't eat too much from people.
Gotta Go, but I'm sending the photos (they never came) .... LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND MISS YOU WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! GIVE KYLE A HUGE HUG!!!!

LOVES




No comments:

Post a Comment