Thursday, October 20, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 10/19/11............

oh okay here we go LOL.... well first off we went to the doc(tor) it's because we are late... I am duh duh duh.... absolutely fine!!!!  Nothing is wrong with my body!!! Kyle wrote to me again, it was great!!!  And I will be with Hermana Lopez for the rest of the transfer.

(Jessie stopped emailing and I was beginning to wonder what happened….)  Sorry there was an investigator of the elders that I knew and she is sitting right next to us and I was talking to her.   She's been investigating a long time, I hope soon she'll be baptized.
………….I have learned I know I have heard it many times, and I'm still learning this, but our Heavenly Father knows all.... we may not understand many things, but He has a purpose for every one of us, if we are willing to work diligently and do according to his will. I found a cool scripture today in Doctrine and Covenants 88:67-68. I know that if we keep an eye single to the glory of God He will help us to fulfill our purpose and receive the blessings in His time, His way, and with His will. That's something so, so, so important we never will know. LOL.

…that’s the thing, I can't see it, but obviously my Heavenly Father has something in plan for me because He keeps showing me His trust in me..... and it's interesting every time I talk to president he always tells me wow how my Heavenly Father really does love me, he even bore witness of it on Sunday and he's shown it every time we talk.
67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.

68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

 1. President gave us a reference that is not a super familiar person in his family and asked us to baptize her in 2 weeks, catch is we probably can't meet her until Friday and she has never been to church hehehehe we'll see.
2. I love teaching youth and kids and to see their desire to learn. Out of anything I find joy with adults accepting the gospel, but I find more joy when youth and kids know that these things are true or want to go to church. Wow they are amazing!!!

3.We have one family we are working on that will be tough, Mom is learning with daughter, Husband is atheist, and they are not married but have been together for 21 years and the kids are theirs.... it's a doozey.

4. We were riding our bikes in Villa de Carmen and all of a sudden a man in a motorized wheelchair called us... we went by and he was stuttering in English... yep he was drunk and he was asking us to push him to his house. So I did... here I am a small, short, American girl pushing a heavy motorized wheelchair with a drunken man down the road to his house that was super far. The neighbors were watching and kind of laughing as we were too. Apparently it happens all the time when his battery dies. Fortunately there was someone who helped and plugged him up so his battery could charge, but it was quite the experience and we couldn't get a picture.

5. Someone in the ward died.... and it's super sad cuz I know him a little.

6. The baptisms that were supposed to happen didn’t.

yeah the death was unexpected... and have learned recently that many of the menos activos problems is they never read the Book of Mormon, prayed, or had a testimony.
That's something I want..... that utmost desire and love for the mission.... I'm still trying and it sometimes gets better. I want that when I come back too, to honestly say that I loved the mission.... I'm trying. I'm writing to Kyle right now at the same time, he wrote me and I love his emails they are great!!!

 (I expressed my belief that getting them to read the Book of Mormon and then pray to know it’s true will change their attitudes and re-activate them.   It would change everything for them.   Then, I told her this:

The other day someone in RS told us about a sign in front of a church.   I can’t remember the exact words but it said something about ‘Don’t read the Book of Mormon.   That’s how they get you.’    I don’t know…..something along those lines.   In other words, you’ll discover the truth of the gospel if you read the Book of Mormon so they’re telling their parishioners to stay away from it.   We all had a good laugh over that one. )

Yeah I've heard of that too, but with pastors and in churches. LOL.
.... umm.... I'm just finishing up my president's letter, and then we'll leave... no playing again today.... talking to you is my playing :P

(I asked if she’d received the box I sent a while ago.   It was full of weird miscellaneous stuff, which I collect and send all at once….)   No I like it, it's awesome thanks a bunch!!!! You truly are the best all the sisters here think and know you are amazing.... they always say you’re so sweet and awesome!!!!
(I commented……are you telling lies about me?   LOL……)   heheeh I am definitely not lying, you just always show it through your loving actions. You are the Best and I continue to grow to appreciate you more and more each day!!!!   (Now, isn’t that what EVERY mother longs to hear?   J   That kind of stuff makes up for all the fights over homework and all the teen drama.  JJJ)

I hope you have our emails because this is my journal. LOL.   (That means she’ll have A LOT of editing to do………)  
and that's okay I'm willing to edit because I don't have a journal really.  (Well, technically she has a journal………she just isn’t writing in it.    J)

Oh so I have a joke.  I know you need to leave.... but here there is a name called Leticia.... the nickname is Letti. So the people here get confused when I say my name because it's como-letti... meaning "like letti (Leticia)... so people think my name is Letti. So when I have a girl her name will be Leticia, mission memory... I hope my husband won't mind.
(I said that at least she wouldn’t be Letti Comoletti, unless she married someone with a similar Italian name.   I think it’s a fun story for why a child has a name.)

…. but how kind of fun would that be. LOL.....honestly it's not my favorite name, but the story is fun....
OKAY I LOVE YOU SO MUCHHHHH!!!!!!!!! xxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment