Monday, November 28, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 11/23/11………..

okay so things have been kind of interesting....

1. First off what is your phone number I don't know it?   (I guess it’s official…….she’s been gone a long time if she can’t remember my phone number.   LOL.   She needs it to arrange our Christmas phone call.   Can’t wait!)

2. We had an interesting experience the other day regarding saying our prayers....we were heading to a project to see if one of our investigators was home. She lives on the 14th floor, so we take the elevator. We ended up entering the elevator and it was hot and smelled like urine. So we pressed the button. We waited, and waited, and waited but could still hear the voices of the people from the general floor. We also didn't feel the elevator moving. As we were waiting we were pushing the general level button hoping we could just leave.. but that didn't work either. Then we started knocking and nothing. I saw a cockroach on the door and I smacked it with my shoe and then someone smacked the door. So we were saying help, but still nothing. Then we were like let’s try calling our investigator. We called no answer, the phone wasn't even functioning well either. The elevator was shaking and we had no idea where we were, we figured still the level because we could hear the people outside... but we had a few calm-ish drops. At this point Hermana Rodriguez was nervous and I was just hot.  LOL.  Anyways I was like let's pray (about 10 minutes stuck) I said a prayer and immediately after I said "Amen" the doors opened. We were up in level 15 we were going up... it was wild and I think a trial of faith because we warned the family who wanted to enter about our problem and they were like it's okay... we later saw them when we got done and everything worked perfectly for them. Talk about a trial of our faith and ability to pray LOL.... it was nutz.

3. Our activity went well.... it was super slow in the beginning,... everyone waited 1.5 hours for it to start because of complications, but once it started it went well. I think LOL we had more investigators than members. The food was amazing and the talents were great! In the end everyone had fun!! Also we got to do BOMBAS!!! Puerto Rican songs that happen near Christmas time. You should check it out on Youtube they are fun!

4. Jose and Janet are still doing well.... but they still haven't gone to church. They really seem like they want this in their life, but they need a ton of prayers.

5. We are going to have a wedding on 17 of Diciembre... it should be fun, we won't be able to attend the whole thing because we have a singing concert, but at least we can for a little. After her and her new husband will get baptized on the 22nd. We are trying to help her daughter get baptized too, pray that she will please!!! Their names are Elia, Ricardo, and Chanalit.

6. I ended up going to Ponce for one day with Hermana Ghersi. It was a good experience and I got to see Hermana Lopez and Hermana Beltran ...........They changed areas... they are in a different ward and serving in El Tuque.

7. I am getting fatter and blonder.   (Oh brother!   LOL.)



8. HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY DEAREST MOTHER!!!! You are the biggest blessing anyone could have. Mom, aunt, friend, everything you are truly INCREDIBLE!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND MAN MISS YOU TERRIBLE!!!! I am so eternally grateful for you and every sacrifice and love you have done for me and given me, I honestly have no way to express how much I am grateful for you and love you!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

9. I can't wait beyond measure to talk to you guys soon. I got some serious Christmas fever this year ask anyone.   ;)
We have two citas tomorrow (Thanksgiving).   One at 2 and the other at 5.    Wow! mucho pavo (turkey) tomorrow yum.   (I was surprised they ate turkey and I asked if all the rest was the same.)   Yep they eat turkey and rice and beans and pasteles.... you can ask President Hall what those are.... and it will be full meals I think.   Wow!.... Hermana Garcia was here last Thanksgiving and ate 7 meals.  I hope that doesn't happen.  LOL.

Well I have to go, Hermana Rodriguez is waiting but I love you tons and hope you enjoy your THANKSGIVING.... enjoy the time together!!!!!! LOVE YOU TONS


No comments:

Post a Comment