Tuesday, January 31, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 1/25/12……….

1. Our bodies are starting to hurt now, our hips and feet, I think we might get arthritis when we are older.  LOL...

2. I now know how to make scripture covers with a plastic craft square material and yarn. They’re cute and super easy... I think I now have somewhat a skill to share with people. LOL... we want to make them for the sisters and those that help us.

3. We had our dancing class and it went really well.... the sisters are picking it up super fast and we are doing the Lilo and Stitch song. The sisters are loving it and feeling the burn. LOL.... cool thing yesterday someone brought a non-member (point of the class) and she wants to return next week because she enjoyed it. Cool eh.... please pray that this transfer next Wednesday we don't change. Also crazy to think after this transfer I have two more.  (transfers … and then she comes home)

4. Someone who is an investigator, Arlene, whose daughter and granddaughter are baptized made us skirts. This family has taken such tremendous care of us and I truly love them. We have seen so many acts of kindness from ward members with all sorts of different things. I told her I would wear the skirt for when I return home.  It’s a rosy skirt. Also we are going bowling with Beatriz and her husband. Yah something fun!!!!

5. Yesterday we had a cool lesson with a member and her non-member family.... we had walked miles to go visit her and she hadn't been answering her phone....so we arrived at her house and she was sitting on the steps of her sister's house on the side of the street with her niece... we talked to her and the niece didn't seem too interested, then we asked if we could share and we put some seats down. We asked if we could sing and the niece didn't seem like she was going to, but while singing we could see she was singing too. Her name is Joseline and the member, Bettania, is from the DR. Then we prayed and some other family members came from somewhere. They started listening and we decided to share about the BOM (Book of Mormon) it was cool because all participated and the Spirit was there. Then before we had met with Bettania, next to her house was a family brother’s with small kids. We contacted them and then went to Bettania's. Her sister's house sold limbers which are a PRican frozen treat. One of the brothers of the contacted family came to buy a limber and then stayed and listened to us. We felt like street preachers on the sidewalk.  It was super cool feeling that those walking by were kind of listening to us..... so we will be coming back and sharing some more with them hopefully. Unfortunately they'll probably be the Elders investigators. But it was still good.

6. We found out some things that triggered Lilian, who is an Elder's mom who is our investigator, that hopefully would help her gain a testimony. Out of the two years of being an investigator she hasn't been taught the commandments... so we taught her the law of chastity and we're going to do the rest. 

7. I'm finally giving a talk on Sunday, this Sunday, about the doctrines of Christ. I'm going to apply it with the Atonement, a personal study that I did in Ponce. 

8. We got rained on and people wouldn't let us in.

9. Sisters are out of the islands now.  (There are Caribbean islands included in the Puerto Rican Mission and the sister missionaries were recently allowed back in.   Apparently it’s quite dangerous for them.)

10. I don't know what more... Hermana Eteaki looks like a testigo de jehova "Jehovah's Witness" with her umbrella cuz it's hot. LOL.  They use umbrellas in the sun, trademark thing.   (I told Jessie I thought that was funny because Hermana Eteaki is Tongan.)  She's more Mexican than Tongan, LOL, and she's a Californian, one truly converted to California....  (To me this is triple funny because all her ‘heritage places’ are sunny and warm.)
Oh forgot to tell you I have Elder Hargadon and Elder Campbell from my groups again in my district... this is Elder Hargadon's third time with me, crazy eh... and Elder Campbell’s 2nd time as zone leader.

They are two elders that I have a lot of respect for and I get along super well with.... Elder Campbell was my plane buddy every time we flew. They were in the same district as the sisters we were rooming with in the Provo MTC who were going to Argentina. So I met them before we left for the DR. Elder Hargadon wants to go to BYU Hawaii... surfer Californian dude and travels a ton.... super cool.... and Elder Campbell is super sarcastic. Elder Hargadon and I left our first transfer to the Ponce zone and he was the Elder who got smacked in the face by the druggy, remember.... and then transferred here to the Caguas zone while I was serving in Ponce. He was in my ward and district. Then Elder Campbell came and became my zone leader in Ponce. Then I came here and Elder Hargadon was in a different district than I, but just recently the Elders had changes and now they are both in my district and Elder Campbell changed as our zone leader here, I have seen them a ton on my mission. I'm glad we all get along well.... and Elder Hargadon is rooting for Hawaii. LOL.  (Jessie’s re-applied for entrance to BYU-Hawaii.  Please say a prayer she gets back in!)
Hargadon is going to UVU first and then going to apply for Hawaii. His sister is applying for Hawaii so I told him if we both get there his sister and I can meet up.... and Campbell originally from Cali but moved to Utah.... and they're not comps.

(In the picture) ….it’s a lizard he caught, biting his ear.   (I asked how it got there and Jessie said he put it there “on purpose.   LOL.”)
Elder Hargadon  

Oh yeah true story.... the Elder that almost died here in our mission, literally a miracle who should have died falling off of a cliff, is now in our district... he returned.
Also forgot to tell you we went to another funeral this week... the funeral was packed 460+ people and we got contacts that day.... but no addresses it was sad……it was an interesting setting and way of contacting, if we knew we could have planned better.... she was a loved person apparently and a school teacher.... we didn't know her.
The coqui frog of Puerto Rico.


 
the dog is the funniest sweetest dog on our walking path.... she says hi every time.


rain in Caguas

preparing to celebrate the New Year

having fun with the mini missionaries

Hermana Eteaki

Hermanas Medina and Eteaki

No comments:

Post a Comment