Thursday, January 26, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 1/11/12………

Oh the same as always.... I always start off in a run with the people that have worked in the area before me, but then when it's just me and my comps for a little more time all dies.... no citas, no progressing investigators, and nothing..... it's just hard……..

Hermana Eteaki was like “Wow I've never had this before”, and this is all I know.....

1. Things are getting better with us. We are finally getting the time to get to know one another because before we had the mini's with Hermana Medina, mini's, and now just us. We have a cool idea that President loves. We just need to talk to the ward about it. We are going to have a Polynesian dance workshop to involve members, investigators, and menos activos of all ages. Then in the end we will have a concert of the dances we've learned. …………

2. Unfortunately I had to attend my second funeral. One of the recent converts named Aida died. I got to know her sweet husband, but not her because she was sick. A member told me she is going to do the genealogy for her, so her work can be finished in the temple. Then she told me I can probably do her work in the temple when I return back.

3. Funny Chinese experience.... we decided to order Chinese food (which by the way, we ate Chinese on New Year’s (family tradition), and made hats for the minis (mini missionaries)) and so this was yesterday. I decided I could call and order doing it in Spanish. I didn't have the menu on me only the number.... so I called and it was like impossible, because she just wasn't understanding what I was saying.... so I told her we would go there to order. So we went there to order, we did it and waited. Then she comes up to me and shows the menu trying to explain what it’s called and then showing how I could order on the phone... she recognized it was me.  How embarrassing.   LOL…

4. Did you know that Fast Five was filmed in PR?

5. Sisters can leave at 20 now (it’s been 21 years old)

6. We have people that have potential, but many times they like to back out or cancel. We have one investigator named Irelssie who has a ton of problems and is 23 with 3 kids oldest is 8. She is great....but a challenge. We met her and the first thing she told us was "who sent you" as she smoked a cigarette.... she was a past contact of the elders and they had worked a little with her. She was living with her violent boyfriend that didn't want her to get involved with the church. Anyways long story short she let us in... asked a billion amazing questions and we started visiting her. She has been reading and remembers and understands everything. She prays and everything.

She was going to go to church, but Satan got in the way with the influence of others. She really has a ton of potential, but the acts of herself and others are preventing her progress to her fullest potential. She hasn't been there for our last two citas.

7. Alvero our 18-30 year investigator is doing well. We had an amazing lesson with him where we found out his true problem. He wants a full repentance process before he will be baptized. The lesson we had was great about repentance and basically he taught us. We are hoping to meet with him tomorrow.

8. When there is a holiday in PR all is dead..... closed and locked inside the house with no outside interferences... including us. It was tough because everyone was gone and all was empty.

9. I'm going to type my essay. It's awful, but you can look at it (school app)

10. We have a member in the ward who is absolutely amazing. We are going to teach her how to teach and contact her friends.... she's great her name is Beatriz

Also forgot to tell you I got to go to the opening of our mini's mission call... we even spoke at it... she's going to the New York City South mission Spanish speaking and they have someone from that ward serving there too.

Yeah it was from the kit (I sent Jessie a ‘make your own snow’ kit in her stocking.   She made the snowman from it.) 

... and yeah it was great to see her open it... we got special permission. She was excited and not at the same time. LOL (the mini missionary’s mission call)

I forgot to tell you that we had our conference for the holidays and it was like a normal mission conference, no fun unfortunately....
LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment