Tuesday, January 17, 2012

EMAIL CHAT on 12/21/11…………

….Here are some things that have happened this crazy week.....

1. First off I was transferred this Sunday to an area called Caguas.  Wasn't expecting that because President didn't imply anything about our changes during our interviews. So now I am in a threesome with Hermana Eteaki and Hermana Medina. But there also came a surprise to the threesome, President sent three more with us. We are a companionship of 6.  LOL.  3 are mini missionaries for the next 1.5 weeks. They are great and from PR. One of them is from Trujillo Alto and is great. Their names are Hermana Alverio, Hma. Mercado, and Hma. Pagan. We have had some great lessons too which has been fun. Things have been going well, but not gonna lie it's sad I can't spend it with the Trujillo Alto sisters.

2. Right now I'm waiting to find out from President to call to ask about my college application so I can check out the website. I think I need to find my school transcripts from Idaho too.... also can you check if there is a school in New Zealand that is a Church school.... I was thinking I need other options if I don't get in Hawaii.   (I checked for her and the LDS Church college in New Zealand was closed down a couple of years ago.)

3. This last Sunday I had the chance to translate for a family who was going to enter their Christmas cruise that night. It's hard translating because you speak and hear at the same time... but they were cool.

4. Elia finally got MARRIED!!!!! We waited for 1.5 hours for her to arrive (she was that late) and then we were super late to our concert. We saw her for a few minutes then left to Mayaguaz.... that was an interesting experience, by one light late we missed our first song. They weren't happy about that because there were five of us out of 10... we tried and felt awful.

5. We had another concert this Sunday in a huge concert hall and it was beautiful and successful. Hermana Moltavo also came back from the islands and Hermana Lopez is with Hma. Curl.  The concert was fun and all went well... that is where I heard about moving and then president showed me to the leaders.... apparently he told them that Saturday that I was coming over. …

6. Hermana Peterson left that's super sad, I love that girl and it will be sad not to see her around. I'm excited though cuz she'll do great things and did great things here.

7. Also we get to talk on Sunday YAH!!!!!!! Call me on Saturday so we can plan for Sunday!

8. We have good investigators here it seems.... President told me it's one of the most growing areas here in PR. They tend to have many baptisms and actually I've received permission to go to Elia's baptism on Friday and we have one here tomorrow with a mom and her two sons. Elia would be considered mine, but not anymore. LOL..... we are working with two tough cases, yet we had some great lessons with them and the mini missionaries. The combination with everyone actually works super well and the Spirit is there. One has been an investigator for 18 years and the wife is a member and the other is a mom of one of the missionaries, my last zone leader.... so please pray for Alvero and Lilian that finally they will receive that answer they are looking for and take action for a real faith.

9. One of the new elders who is in our area, saw me one time in Idaho and recognized me. LOL, isn't that funny big surprise eh?  jk (just kidding)

10. Can't wait to talk to you guys!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to practice my Tongan dancing with Hermana Eteaki yah

oh yeah also this last week we cooked with Janet and Maria and oh the food was incredible.... it was chicken wrapped in bacon with cream cheese inside, fried and then PRican amazing rice... we were in heaven... also hot chocolate with ginger so good... going to make those things when I go home ;)

We work full on... on our holidays.... from 6:30-9pm... I think we have some citas which will be good.... I sure hope Hermana Rodriguez has some because when I left we didn't have anything.

I love you and call me soon!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment