Thursday, September 29, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 9/28/11…………

Nope meetings, meetings, and more meetings.... we had transfers today and I changed comps as well.... and did you know that Kyle wrote me a wonderful letter, he made me cry, look now I sound like you.  LOL. (Jessie will be out one year on October 6th, this is the first letter her one and only sibling has written to her.   It made her VERY happy.)

yeah I'm reading your letter, let me read it one minute and then I can share what happened.... also the letter from him just made my day!!!
hey.... so today I can't really talk much because we are at the library that is in San Juan because we had transfers today....

Crazy stuff....
1. CTR Ring broke, it doesn't even function for me anymore.   (Jessie wears rings all the time and the CTR ring was a nicer quality one, which she wears daily.   She’s hard on rings, so it was only a matter of time. J)

2. I had to talk to President about something and so he had me and Hermana Angel travel yesterday morning because Hermana Angel is now a trainer and then President could talk to me too.... well I spent the entire day in the office and didn't get to talk to President until super late. During the day he was indicating that I wouldn't have Hermana Jimenez which I was so devastated... and that was hard on me cuz I was like am I a bad trainer? Well I met with him and we talked and then he explained that I would still have Hermana Jimenez, but he also had a project for me if I wanted to accept. This is confidential what I am about to write..... (I edited out the confidential part……….)  President gave me an option because he said it will be very difficult, and I chose to take the responsibility.... I haven't had success in the mission so I figured I can try.
3. Hermana Curl and Moltavo have been called to Santa Cruz and St Thomas... lucky ducks, but they can only bring one bag, that's hard for both.   (The outlying islands of the mission have been closed off to young missionaries for most of Jessie’s mission.   Recently they started letting elders go back to them.  I think these two are the first sisters to return.)

4. I finally had the chance to see Myrna our rescued menos activo that seemed hard to get in contact with.... we thought she had cancer again, then the doctors said no, and now we found out that she will be receiving open heart surgery soon.
5. I didn't go to the doctor’s because we tried and when we went they said that it was too late and my blood wasn't right anymore... fasting for too long.... so tomorrow morning we are going.

6. I'm guessing you haven't heard from the cover guy?   (Jessie needs a new scripture case for her Spanish scriptures.   There’s a man in the Dominican Republic who makes them by hand and they’re beautiful.   She’s trying to arrange for him to make her one with a zipper.)
7. My one year mark is the same day as Hermana Lopez's birthday (new comp).   (October 6th)

8. Nothing really new, not sure if we'll have the chance to see conference.
9. Grandma wrote me and Mare... Tayse Ashby is engaged

10. I'm so ready for success here on the mission, BAPTISMS!!!!!
I had some follow-up questions…….

-The fasting will only be for breakfast only for the tests... (she’s done a lot of not eating for the tests, so I told her she should make the most of it and fast….even it was just a mini-fast.)
- (Hermana Lopez).... she likes criminal stuff she wants to be FBI... she has her masters in criminal justice (and she’s from the Bronx)

- It's not that they don't have it, it’s the fact that if we don't have our foundation before (General)  conference (we) can't go and this week has been super hard... it was the same last time, but I don't know if it’s the same rule
- I don't feel like I've done anything here in my mission.... even when I've had these assignments doesn't seem like I've done anything.... also I'm here to baptize too... I want to help some Puerto Ricans, not just have them reject me. LOL.  

(I reminded her that she’s been bringing inactive members back to church.)
 no I'm not a very good, successful missionary  (Don’t all missionaries say this at some point on their mission?)

yeah LOL..... I hope I'm helping ..... I do know that president has a lot of respect for me, trust and love he always tells me that... he's always like you know we love you right.  LOL.
LOVE YOU TONS GOTTA DRIVE IN PRICAN TRAFFIC LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND KYLE!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment