Thursday, October 6, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 10/5/11………..

Elder and Sister Vickery -
a senior missionary couple who were great to Jessie
and have now completed their assignment and gone home.

Hermana Lopez (Bronx) and Hermana Comoletti


Today, October 6th, marks Jessie’s one year mark on her mission.   For her it’s been a long, hard year and for me, as her mom, it’s been far shorter than I anticipated.   It also happens to be her companion’s birthday, Hermana Lopez.   They are working hard today, but I hope they throw in a little fun on the side.

1. Hermana Lopez is cool...
2. In 1 year of my mission I have only had technically 1 baptism... what a sad missionary I am right....

(I reminded her of the other great work she’s doing with in-actives and companions.   This was her response:  “I'm worried about baptisms because that is why we go on missions....”)

3. ……………………….

4. Kiersty Lemon who lived with me in EFY for the week, was in the same district as Hermana Lopez in the MTC, small world eh
5. Our first day we were driving back from San Juan from transfers and our gas was super low. We didn't want to get lost in San Juan so we looked for gas stations, but all seemed on the opposite sides. So we found the exit for the direction to Ponce, we decided we could take an exit and get gas.... well the light went on and we were in the middle of mountains where there were no gas stations or exits.... I was praying that we could make it.... still driving miraculously we found one tiny gas station on the side. We drive in and we go to pay with the church gas card and it says they don't accept. I was like you gotta be kidding me. I never carry cash with .... but our Heavenly Father inspires others to help us in our lives. About a few days before I received a nice card from Grandma. I hadn't heard from her in a while and when I get cards from her if they contain money it’s because it's a holiday. This card contained 20 and I had put the money in my walmart (wallet??? LOL). Thanks to Grandma we were able to buy gas and drive safely back.

6. Second miracle.... the door to the house automatically locks. So once it closes we are locked out.... well we both went to put the bikes on the car.... usually I just leave the door open and it stays... well this one time I didn't bring the keys out with me, the wind decided to pull a trick on me and close the door. The keys, as well as spare keys and cell phone were locked in the house. The windows here are weird and not like normal windows in the US. We were locked out. We talked to our neighbor to see if he could call the landlord (dueno). We called and he was on another island that is called Vieques here in Puerto Rico.... he said that if we waited he could come and help.... I felt awful... so I said a little prayer and looked through the windows with our screens. The keys were just right on my desk near the window. I figured if we could cut the screens we could get the keys.... then the neighbor remembered something that he had done once... he just pushed the screens a little and it popped out in a certain way... we grabbed the keys and all was well, we fixed the screen after.
*The Lord definitely takes good care of me always

7. I'm so ready for a stress-free, fun Pday.  LOL.
(I suggested they wander around the pier for a little while.   She said:  “We're not allowed anymore near the piers... and we never have time.”)

8. Today we got the package for Hermana Lopez, when she received the notice yesterday she was freaking out, saying "who sent me saying, there's no one I know who knows this address" and other comments.... I was playing with it the whole time. Then today when she found out she was shocked and super funny, I was thoroughly entertained. So she is now saying she is so extremely happy and super grateful, she'll probably send you an email.   (I sent Hermana Lopez a couple of small gifts for her birthday.)
(I asked if they’d be doing anything fun on PDay to celebrate the birthday.   She said:  We wanted to get our nails done for her birthday and my one (year) mark but we don't have any more time really today to do it. LOL.... we found a place that does it for 12 a set.... awesome huh and 10 for refills.”) 

9. ……………….
10. The cover guy didn't respond to me either (man in the DR who makes scripture cases for missionaries).... don't know what's going on.... but I'll try sending on my email, but that's it, who knows... but those Guatemalan cases that you looked for in BYU Hermana Lopez has one and bought it at the MTC for pretty cheap.... so I was wondering is the one brother still working there? If so maybe he can grab one for me at the bookstore in the MTC and you can mail it?

(I asked about the visit to the doctor.   She said:  “Got my results back, need to return to the doctor, but from what I understand I am perfectly fine.”)
(Did they tell you the test results?   If so, why do you need another visit?   “No I just guessed and read the results....”   Oh Jes!   J)

Well I gotta go, I LOVE YOU TONS AND GIVE KYLE A HUGE HUG FROM ME xoxoxOXOXoxoXOXOXOXoXo MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH, SO READY FOR THE FAMILY!
THANKS NOW LET’S HOPE THAT THE OTHER
 MONTHS TURN OUT GOOD. LOL. WOW THAT SEEMS SO LONG.  LOL.  (almost 7 months left on her mission
J)

No comments:

Post a Comment