Tuesday, September 20, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 9/14/11……….

Thanks a bunch for the letter, definitely cracking up and love hearing about you guys... you know how much those mean to me and how much I miss you guys!!!!

Nope (LOL) Mom, come on. I don't know what that is here in Puerto Rico. LOL. jk (I had asked her if they had plans to do anything fun this PDay) .... it's raining... funny because people said that Ponce never rains, but the moment I came it rains like every other day.... more than in the past for Ponce. LOL.  I've got a curse......


(I told her both the car and the dog got sick at the same time.)   And I understand when one bad thing happens it seems that everything else falls in the same place... gotta love life.... but then miraculously things get right back up and all is good.

1. We had 3 menos activos show up.... ate delicious Mexican food from a menos activa who has problems with the ward, Lohary went to church, and Yaditza a young, single mother who is reactivating. Also had an investigator named Amber come to church and she is in Young Women’s. Also we have another 16 year old MA that is reactivating and she's kind of goth, but super sweet and she came with us to teach on Saturday.

2. We had a family home evening with Lohary. She never let people into her house only a certain comp of elders, and Hermana Garcia and I and Jimenez... but this last Sunday we had a family home evening with the new Bishop Rivera and his family (wife is RS Pres) and two other elders. So it was great that she accepted others into her house. She also received a blessing, her older son which both have problems, and her younger and only daughter. Also she received a blessing in the house. We are really hoping these things will help strengthen her family and help her get back on track to obedience, love, and happiness.

3. On Monday we had an interview with President.... it went a ton better than I thought it would be.... he definitely lifted my spirits and said things I definitely needed to hear. He always assigns a journal assignment for me and this time he wants me to really understand the Atonement,  because I understand it, but not completely, because in reality I definitely lack happiness. So he wants me to study vigorously in the Atonement and life of Jesus Christ... mark and read Jesus the Christ and focus in the scriptures. He said he wants me to write a talk that would be as if I were speaking in General Conference.... so we will see. LOL.... also you should read DC 64:33-34 I think.... this is what he read to me when I didn't know if I've been a productive missionary for myself and my comp.

4. Funny story... Yaditza our MA has a little girl who is 2 and seriously out of control.... well we basically keep her entertained all throughout church. So I was sitting and us missionaries always give her paper to draw.... so she asked me for paper.... so I was like paper paper.... okay found some and gave it to her.... funniest thing... I was holding the paper to give it to her and she puts her face on the paper and wipes her nose. I was like What is this heheheh.... then she took the paper from my hands and wiped her nose again. I was just cracking up cuz she wanted toilet paper. LOL.

5. We were contacting in Walmart there are tons of families there. As we were contacting one of the security guys came up. We always contact there and so do elders. Recently elders were kicked out, so we were like oh man this is our hot spot. And also our zone leaders were there too in the parking lot... so he comes up and is all like hey.... my name is Eddy and yours... in the end he just wanted to get to know us. He knew the other sisters and other elders and wanted to meet us. He even explained these vitamins that he takes that are great and healthy that are made in SLC. They are called 4life or Reezon. It was funny and he offered that if we come with our bikes he'll watch them for us. The zone leaders were worried and asked us and we were like Eddy just wanted to meet us!

6. Sad news after being in Ponce for about 20 weeks no one knows my name still... I get a lot of ugly looks and still feel like an outcast in PR.... I'm praying real hard for that unconditional love. Definitely a challenge from Heavenly Father because me and this people do not click.

7. Miracle on Tendel-  So president told us no more all of Ponce, focus in one area called Villa de Carmen. I was relieved with this because all of Ponce with everyone's references is a load. Well he told us to really only focus there. So we went toking (knocking) on the doors to contact families. We were having everyone tell us they were busy or from a different religion then all of a sudden, the biggest miracle I thought would never happen in my mission (something that Hermana Jimenez needed to see as well....) there was a woman outside and we asked if she needed help to clean she said no.... then we introduced ourselves.... she seemed kind of hesitant when we wanted to help clean but when we said the church and asked if she had heard of it she was like yes I've seen your commercials and they are incredible and fantastic I always feel so filled up in my heart. She loves them.... then we talked about how the gospel blesses families and when we asked if we could come and share she was like yes definitely... then she talked that there are so many churches, but Christ only has one faith, one church... and other things that we were like YES..... and she had tried different churches but she knew they weren't the true church that they lacked something..... so it was amazing for us to hear someone say this and then want us to teach so she could feel full. We have an appointment today cuts our PDay but it's for a good cause. LOL. And she has 8 kids, married 37 years and 9 grandkids..... and she said she thinks this is what her family needs. So please pray for Yorlanda she is prepared we feel. Then we went a little further down the road and contacted another family and they want to learn to and come to church this Sunday.... what I don’t think these are pure Puerto Ricans.

8. I finished my mint ice cream, but I found where it's located hehehe no more free ice cream from Lizette LOL.

9. I got a haircut during our interviews and it's shorter than I wanted good thing hair grows.

10. I'm going to try to go to the doctor today.

11. WOW almost 1 year.   (October 6th!)


No comments:

Post a Comment