Friday, July 1, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 6/29/11

In my weekly letter to Jessie I told her about the changes in our dental insurance plan and told her when she could go and get her teeth cleaned.   This was her shocking response…..
I just read about the cleaning. I don't think we are allowed to do things like that...... I've never heard of anyone getting their teeth cleaned.
I know the mission covers doctors, but I don't know about dentist..... who knows? I can check, but I’ve never heard of a cleaning and we did it longer in Massachusetts.  (when we had no insurance J).
This was my response to that statement:  Yes, I know we went for years without cleanings, but now that we have insurance it’s important for us to keep up with them.   Besides, tarter build up causes bad breath, which is something missionaries should avoid since they’re talking to people all the time.   LOL.”
hehehe that is true
So this week has been somewhat boring and somewhat not. LOL....

 1. We have been doing a lot of clean up at houses and I keep receiving free stuff... yeah for free things, problem is I don't have any room for everything. One of the things was an abalone shell earrings and necklace love it and using it now.

 2. I found someone who made me a leather scripture case... it is different than I expected, but it's nice and one of a kind. It's hard to find someone who can make a scripture case like mine, so it is special. The man who made it does leather key chains and belts and wallets. Then he stamps pictures of PR things or names. We talked to him and he really didn't want to do it, which was interesting, and he kept explaining things. He even sent us to someone else to check something. LOL... anyways he was like it’s expensive and I was like okay how much, it's expensive ... okay how much... I think like 30... and I was like that's fantastic. LOL... so we talked and he was like but I need your scriptures for 4-5 days and I was hesitant, but then I gave them to him. He had our number so he could call me to pick up my scriptures. Then the next day he called me and was like it's ready. I was like wow he made that super fast, especially because he was like it’s not my first priority. LOL. I think it became his priority. So he explained on the phone that the work was great and the leather is nice, so he would charge 50 but because he is a man of his word I would have the same. So I was like great that wasn't my plan, I figured he would maybe switch. So when I verified he was like it will be 35 only for you and no one else, and don't have people come to me. LOL.... so in the end I got a $35 leather case personalized. LOL.... 
I was super blessed to get the case.

3. My zone leader right now told me to tell you to send me a package and I asked why cuz you want food?  And he was like no cuz you’re an awesome sister missionary. LOL.  funny.
(I asked her to clarify………)   The zone leader is the one who gives me the packages. LOL.  And he is from Washington. he is very kind and the reason I said about food is cuz every time I get a package they ask if it’s food. LOL. It’s like an elder thing really funny. They think sister missionaries are here for cooking them food.

4. We went to Adjuntas for church... in one week I've visited all my areas (where she’s already served on her mission).  It was great to see the people in Adjuntas.

 5. We had Elder Anderson of the Seventy come and speak in Adjuntas.  And he spoke in Spanish and it was a great talk about the Spirit or God inviting us to do things.

 6. We had a lot of help from the Lord for our family foundation goals this week.  We met our goals.

7. We went to an iguana park and there were tons of huge iguanas.  (I asked if it was a conservation place or something……)   No it’s just a park with a ton.  We saw a huge mama with a ton of babies. LOL.  (Then she sent pictures.)

8. The elders in Adjuntas found a woman who seems to be like a golden investigator who is from Mexico and she wants her family to go to church next Sunday and she really felt the Spirit. I also got to see Jose at church.  Jose is okay, not great but okay.  Unfortunately, Nestor doesn't go anymore.

9. We received breadfruit from a painter who is a friend with the elders.  (I asked for some clarification……)  The first time I ate breadfruit was in Joel's parent’s house in Hawaii and it tastes like potato.  (I asked if the man was with the elders.   It doesn’t sound like he was.  He recognized the girls as sister missionaries.) The man gave it to us in Ponce.

10. The specific elders gave a blessing for the first time in Spanish with someone who says we have to change her husband first before we can change her.... uhmmmmmm
(I asked what ‘specific elders’ meant………..)
Not specific, but Elder Hargadon of my group and Elder Moody and yeah she's a tuffy.  LOL.  But really appreciated the blessing... she's great.

(Finally, I received confirmation that Hermana Curl received the JDawg’s special sauce I sent her……….) oh she loved her sauce so much and she took a picture with it. LOL. She was so happy and shocked that it was her package. LOL. And you might not believe it but I'm almost done with mine yummm.

Love you bye LOVES ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox


Photos received 6/29/11
Jessie in Ponce 

iguanas at the iguana park in Ponce



with Hermana Garcia.........enjoying Jessie's favorite daily snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment