Thursday, June 23, 2011

Email Chat 6/22/11

Tell Kyle happy birthday for me... can't believe he is 16.

So this week has been insane once again, I've come to realize the Lord must be preparing me for something, cuz it's been loco. LOL.

1. Changed companions again.... Hermana Garcia is going to all the interviews for the zones, so yesterday I worked in Guaynabo and once again got lost like crazy, probably worse than last time. My companion for 4 days is Hermana Manzanet or Inerise who I taught her family in Adjuntas. Her stepdad was our recent convert... so we are working now and she is mini missionary of 15 years old and no lick of English.   (I asked for some clarification on this and……….yes, she has been doing all the work with Jessie.   Here are some additional comments she sent…..)    The 15 year old is mature and not at times, but she’s great and her spirit is strong. And yeah I love being with the girls here in Ponce we are good matches I think...

She is only my comp for 4 days and I taught her too in her house with her family. She would come with us for member present lessons. Her stepdad was a convert of Hermana Angel in December.

And yeah she is the 15 years old.

2. Had my interview with President... It was good and I know I need to work harder as a missionary. LOL.....   (Of course I asked her……harder in what ways?)   I have the Spirit with me but I need to make a bone weary effort, disciple preparation and something else, LOL,  can't remember. The interview wasn't as edifying as the others, but it was good. He says I look happier and shine brighter. LOL... that’s because I can gradually be myself again.   (I told her I could tell she was happier and doing better because of how her emails sounded.)  

3. My area is still very fresh, but I am slowly finding.... I just feel like I'm on my own with the area, but I really like Ponce.  (I asked her if she thought Ponce was too hot and dirty because cities can feel that way…..)   I feel grubby in Guaynabo and San Juan... I am so not a fan of that area.

4. Got to visit a member that I adore and love yesterday it was great.   (I asked who the member was…..)   The member is Diana Camacho, her daughter is a missionary here.    (I then asked about the daughter…..)   The daughter missionary is Hermana Encarnation.  She was married before the mission for like 6-8 years, but her husband died and the mission has been so hard on her mom because they are best friends and single woman…….   (I was surprised the daughter would be a widow and called to the mission she lives in so I asked Jessie if she was a senior sister…..)    no she is 28ish.   (I commented that I thought that sounded extremely unusual since women that age aren’t usually allowed to serve full-time missions….)   heeheh yeah its allowed... this mission does a lot of things I didn't know the church did. LOL.

5. We ate at Ponderosa for our birthday dinner.... Thanks a bunch!!!   (I sent her money so the ‘girls’ could go out for her birthday.)  

6. Two weeks and yikes transfers again.

7. I am Hermana Curl's roach killer.   (This is SO ironic because Jessie was a basket case when she encountered cockroaches in her place in Hawaii.   Boy, has she grown by leaps and bounds!)

8. Lou sent a complete mail box of ramen noodles.  Don't know what that is about.   (I asked for further explanations….)   I received it on my birthday. But he sent another package with a nice card, a Key West picture frame with us, animal crackers and jelly beans, and shell bracelet.... they were cute.  

9. Permission granted: We are going to make an exercise video for the sisters.  (How cool is that?!?)

10. I don't know what else to say. LOL.

 I asked her for more info on what she did for her birthday………
 
After we ate lunch pizza with the Pietz’s and it was fun... he was funny because they don't know any Spanish and so they are trying to order with no Spanish speaking skills. LOL.  I was their translator and even I was confused. Also we did our shopping and I ended up getting paper, glue and printed some photos that I wanted. Also I bought a cute $10 watch - love it.

First off I read about Kyle's birthday I'm glad he seemed to like it.  I'm thrilled. And sad that I missed it....   (I told her what we did to celebrate his big day.)

I asked her to tell me more about the senior couple, the Pietz’s………

They are from southern Cali(fornia).   He is a complete cowboy....boots and belt... they are finishing their mission on July 1 and might come back. They were invited to return.   (I asked for more info on that…..)   The couple I don't know probably.... and they would extend until president finishes his time.   (That surprised me because I thought President Alvarado had at least 2 more years to serve.)   Yeah President has a long time still. It would be a super long mission....

 I just read about Henrietta and Ronnie, poor grandpa - that is super sad.  (Henrietta and Ronnie are Jessie’s great aunt and uncle on her father’s side.   Ronnie passed away and then a week later Henrietta passed away.   Henrietta is Grandma Irene’s sister.   Also, I told Jessie how well her grandpa was taking care of himself.   He’s 82….…..) I'm super proud of grandpa too. I need to tell him to save up his money for 2013 because we are going to Rome, Italy. LOL......  (You might remember that Jessie really wants to go to the Rome Temple Dedication.  Her grandfather is not an active member of the LDS church, but he has a lot of relations in Italy they could/would visit together.   I told her I wanted to go too!)

Hermana Garcia wants to hook me up with her brother who she explains if very guapo and a fireman that looks like Will Smith and is great!!!  LOL. It's funny because Hermana Curl is setting Garcia up with her RM (return missionary) brother, so if we all married we would be family. LOL.  We need to find someone for Jimenez.

Also wow Boston Watts is a seriously amazing missionary and great example for all.   (I’ve been sending her copies of his letters/emails home.)   He has an incredible attitude and definitely a great example to me... makes me want to be a better person.

Well mom LOVE YOU TONS BEYOND A MILLION and miss you tons have fun be good and get sleep. LOL.  LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment