Wednesday, June 1, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 6/1/11…………

Hey, so bad news about the directions, I have a paper with the direction to the house, but I just drove back from San Juan and I haven't had the chance to return back to the house to grab the paper......  (What she meant was……..she forgot to bring her new address with her to the library.   In other words, we’re still sending mail to the mission home until she gets us the new address.   J)

Oh man what a day.  I had a list of things to talk to you about on my planner, but it’s in the car.  heheheh I'm so sorry I will try to remember everything.

I asked her if Hermana Garcia knew the address………

No she doesn't but the Hermana's should be coming over soon and maybe Hermana Jimenez remembers this time.  hehehe

Hey so first off I absolutely love love love my comp(anion)... we get along so well and I feel like mission work is actually fun. LOL. We had a fiesta which was a blast. I am living with Hermana Garcia, Hermana Jimenez and Hermana Curl.... we had a fiesta with balloons, Hermana Curl bought a $30 grill and we made s’mores it was fantastic. I realized that a mission can be fun. LOL... Today we want to head over to the Gauncha which is a beachy, pier with a park yeah for fun. LOL.

(I was commenting on how glad I was she was able to have some fun and feel like Jessie again…..)

Yeah honestly I didn't know that we could have fun like this in the mission because with all my areas and situations it hasn't been fun and super boring, I've missed these good times, so it was great to finally have someone who I immediately clicked with and we all just need a break... Hermana Jimenez felt the same way. LOL.... so very good. Crazy to think almost 8 months in my mission and a year when I received my call... NUTZ
Man writing is so impossible because you just can't explain things the way you want to. LOL. I'm going to make a list and with some points I'll explain. LOL.

1. Hermana Curl found out that I had Jay Dawg's sauce and she freaked out and was like Where did you get that?  because apparently she used to talk about it all the time. LOL... so if possible can you send her a bottle?   (Friends of ours own JDawg’s in Provo.   It’s an enormously popular hotdog place and the Edwards’ (the owners) gave me a bottle so I sent it to Jessie.   I know how much she loves it.   I told Jessie I’d send a bottle for Hermana Curl, but she wasn’t to tell her.   I want it to be a surprise.   This was her response……….)
Hma. Curl will be so super happy she might wet her pants.  LOL.  (geez, I hope not!)

2. My area is called Coto Laurel (yep I live in your town) and Valla Alto. We also cover some houses in the Ponce Playa (yep beach... not actually on just close) We serve in Ponce 2/4 which is the name of the branches. My district is so so fun and I have an elder who I knew from the CCM (Dominican Republic MTC). Our branch isn't a ward because we don't have any children (no primary, crazy eh) And in the area we serve we only have 2 members.... hard to find some work. LOL. Also the elders who worked in our area before didn't make an area book (contains people, maps, progression) NOTHING. We have been lost every day and have learned about Ponce real fast because we don't have any maps. LOL.  YEP serious freak "whitewash"" We have been doing a ton of contacts. The heat is very bad and unfortunately the sweat guard did not work. So far I like my area.....  (She went to PR with these things called sweat guards, which supposedly keep you from sweating for a long time……..it’s too bad they don’t work.)
(I asked her if they pronounced my name the way we do…..’law- rel’)

They pronounce your name differently and at times I pronounce it like your name and they’re like WHAT?
3. I served in Guaynabo last night with a different companion. My companion is a trainer like Hermana Christianson so she travels and they had a meeting last night. So we drove on Monday night to San Juan and stayed with the Hermana's there and I served in Guaynabo while they went to their meeting. It was weird and made me realize I like it over here better on the west side. LOL.

(I asked her if that was the same area she was in with Hermana Miller.   I also asked about Hermana Beltran………..)
Yeah it was the same area with Hermana Miller and it was funny cuz pres. thought I knew the area extremely well but then we got pretty lost. LOL. It was familiar, but I really don't want to return there. Also Hermana Beltran is in one of her older areas with Hermana Moldalvo.

4. There are elders now in Adjuntas, my district leader. They seem to love it and are doing well. Jose wants to go teach with them, which is awesome!!!
(I asked her how old Jose was because I wondered if he seemed the type to want to serve a mission later………)

Jose is like 52.  (I guess not……. J)
5. At BYU someone told me they sell colorful scripture cases from Guatemala and I was going to see if you can check how much they are if they do have them.  My Spanish scriptures are so trashed and there is a place I can get a cover for $40, but that’s way too much money. I need one for my BOM (individual case) so if you can maybe see if they are there and how much. Thanks.

If the cases aren't there don't buy another one.... also they are bigger than English scriptures (longer).
6. We found a menos activa (reference from Elders) and we went to her house and she is great. She hadn't been to church for 4 years and she was like I really want to go. We had a nice lesson with her and the member who was present was like yeah we can find someone to help take you to church. That was a big problem... getting to church and being embarrassed to ask for a ride. She received a call and she got her ride and it was fantastic to see her at church... I'm excited for her, she is great! Her name is Mirna.

7. Hermana Garcia is super good with Tahitian. It’s probably because she was a professional salsa dancer.
8. I am peeling now, but am tanner. LOL.

9. People here are telling me I'm fatter, gotta love Latinos. LOL.   I look fatter... doesn't help that every house gives us cookies, juice, soda, and rice. They ask if we want a drink we say yes water and they’re like okay, and come back with soda or juice.....ay no.
10. The other day I wore this left over dress from a sister that looked kind of young, but fine, a flower headband, and my backpack has flowers (the gift, didn't pick the design, but super cute) and everyone at church was like look at this little girl, how cute she's just like a Porcelain doll. Then a man rubbed my head and was like yep a muneca (doll) I was thinking in my head wo, I am a missionary - a representative of Christ .... nutz

11. Heard gunshots... first a machine gun and after a shotgun, someone had been shot.  (I asked her to go into more detail……of course!!!)   I don't know we heard it at night near the church and the elders were like yeah someone probably got shot it was nuts
No, I wasn't scared. I was super calm, honestly through a lot of scary situations I have been very calm, truly a blessing .....

Yeah we can seriously say PROTECTED BY ANGELS.... I have been in quite a few stressful dangerous situations (like I really wanted to know that! J).
We began talking about something family related and this came up…………

It’s so true about tithing.  It is something so essential and important to obey. This week we have talked a ton about tithing because one reason the people here don't have a church (building) is because they don't pay tithing. It is a law of exactness and it is promised if we pay our tithing we will receive blessings beyond measure and He will always keep his word a 100% if we pay 100%.  Also same with fast offerings, no exceptions.   (AMEN!)
I'm going to have to go......but I love you so so so so so much and thanks seriously for everything single thing in my life .....
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I LOVE YOU AND KYLE AND CODY!!! Give them big hugs from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment