Thursday, June 9, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 6/8/11………

Thanks a bunch for the letter.... I always love reading them. I'm glad Kyle is doing things for the summer and not just being a couch potato the whole time..... at least he is doing things and he is definitely in my prayers. I'm bummed though I have been trying to talk to him, but I haven't heard anything from him.

And the things you said about my birthday hehehe that's funny to think about yeah unfortunately I am older than 1 year old because if I was still one I would be perfect. hehe jk (just kidding).   (I let her know that she was colicky as a baby, which was far from perfect.   LOL.)
And with the scripture case.... I wanted one kind of fun and if they don't have the Guatemalan ones or one kind of Latin -like the leather ones I'm not sure. I guess it depends what they have for cases.....  (She asked for a case for her Spanish scriptures, which are ‘international’ size.)   Not if it’s just a plain one like at distribution center, if I can some way I want to see if i can get a cool one ya know. LOL.  (I’m working on it.  J)
1. I already mailed you my address and you should have received it by now.   (I told her I didn’t get it and she wrote….)   I didn't email the address I mailed it to you.  (a postcard?)   No it was a letter.....
2. So this has been wild.... All of a sudden last Monday we receive a call that Hermana Garcia who is another sister's trainer still had her calling to visit sisters. So we drove 1.5 hours to San Juan and I ended up working in Guaynabo again with a temp missionary who was leaving for her actual mission in Mexico the next day. Then we returned back to our area, had our PDay and Hermana Christianson was there with us too. We had lunch with the President's sister and it was good. Then Hermana Christianson talked with President and he said that we were going to have someone else move in with us. We thought that was weird because Hma. Christianson doesn't have a comp(anion). Then we met up with President in Ponce at night and it was a senior sister (from DR Hma. Sierra –Dominican Republic) So funny!!!! I talked with president and it was good. Then he told me that sometimes I would be working with Hermana Curl when Hermana Garcia is away.  Also he told me to have some fun with Hermana Curl and to help her continue having that fun personality. And boy are we crazy together... she is super fun, energetic, and bringing memories from the good old MTC times. Who would have thought we would be comps again huh.....Spanish has been interesting, but better than we thought .We still don't know what is going to happen with Hermana Garcia. I do miss her though. I only had 1 week.  

(I told her I was confused……who is her companion?   What’s going on?)   We are confused too. No one but president knows what is actually going on.
(She skipped 3 altogether. J)
4. It has been 1 year since I received my (mission) call to San Juan PR.
5. I forgot to send my car report and when you do that you can't use your car until Elder Pietz receives it.... yeah we were like we have to use our car to get to our area because we live 11 miles away that is a 30 min drive just to get to our area. So we made a compromise with him and we have to make him Italian food and bake him something before they leave in 3.5 weeks. He let us drive the car to the area, but then we walked to do the work. Also don't tell him.... but we wetted ourselves last night with a hose because it's been raining here (yesterday we were lucky it didn't, we walked yesterday.) Anyways we made ourselves wet and then we took pics with our bikes and are going to send it to him and say look at what we had to go through ;p
6. There is a new Krispy Kreme that just opened up and there have been some serious lines for 3 days now, apparently the people of PR love donuts....
(I asked her if they’d had any yet………)  We can't get Krispy Kreme cuz the lines are ridiculous. You have no idea how long. I've never seen anything like this before.  It's like Disneyland lines.

7. So Hermana Curl and I have decided to ask president for Barbie jeeps and not have to ride bikes, we would have more people come up to us and ask who were are. I like it!!!!

8. Hermana Curl and I had to teach a lesson for our district meeting and we decided to play a game where all the elders would have blindfolds and then different assignments to do. So we turned off the lights and they went and did their things. So funny. They kept running into walls chairs and seeing them trying to do their tasks. Good times.
(I asked her if the elders actually learned anything………)   yep the elders learned and had fun.

9. Someone else gave me a nice gift, I don’t know why but it’s beautiful. They bought me a butterfly necklace and earrings.

(I asked who it was…….)   The jewelry is from a sister that I helped teach in El Tuque Hma Supena.

10. Offered 2 baptismal dates and they both rejected us sad news.
(I asked her if she was still teaching them………..)   We are still teaching them.
Do you get my pictures?  I feel like it doesn't work.  (Nope, not getting any pictures via email.)
11. We ate pastels and arroz con dulce... basically none of the missionaries like pastels but I don't mind them.

12. We were contacting and we asked if we could help someone who was picking lemons and of course he said no then he was like want some lemons and we were like Claro que si ... so then he came with a huge bag of lemons... so yummy.. so we made him a bebido del cielos (DR drink) but they weren't there.

13. We helped clean a house of a recent convert and I have never seen so much clothing in one house in my entire life. It was like Mary Poppins’ bag with a never ending supply, but a house instead with clothes.  We have been given some of the clothes and they are on every piece of the house. It was nutz.
 I haven't received anything (mail) for 2.5 weeks really... the elders are going to the mission home, but nothing has been coming.  (That’s weird because I send her stuff all the time.)
I have eaten food I would never think I would eat and I really like beans (WHAT?!?!?). LOL. But still hate beef.

(When the mission doctors came to check on all the missionaries, one of them was a psychiatrist that Jessie spoke to by mistake (she thought the woman was a medical doctor).  She told Jessie to……)   I had to write in my journal every time I had a great moment or an urge to do missionary work . She called to see how I was and then asked if I wanted her to call me again I said no thank you. LOL..... psychs just don't help me, I know what they are trying to do.

I'm planning to write Kyle a postcard today or something give him a big hug from me....

I have to go, but I love you. You guys are always in my prayers. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!  and talk to you later.

Have you noticed I have had a very crazy mission?  I don't know if most missions are as crazy as mine has been.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment