Thursday, March 8, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 3/7/12………

Hey sorry we just got to the computers... the library didn't have internet, so we decided to go get our hair done... and it took FOREVER!!!!!!!!  Way too long!! But finally we are here and we haven't done anything for PDay actually.  Awful, eh?

My hair wasn't what I had planned... I wanted to be blonde and the Spanish hair communication does not work.... but I want to surprise you all..... so I won't send one (I asked for a picture).... we got a great deal though because the stake president's wife has her own salon and she gave us good prices. Hermana Curl chopped her hair, I like it.

Hermana Rodriguez is leaving next week.

So not much has happened this week... this has been a very hard week for me because there have been sad things happening within our ward and the people we work with.... a lot of apostasy influences. Members are falling and it’s so hard as a missionary to see Satan change these people's faith. Please pray for those we help and for Puerto Rico in general.  Apostasy is very harmful and powerful here in this little country.

We found a really cool family. I don't know if we mentioned about them before. It’s a single mom with her three kids. The family is interesting, but so, so cool. They speak English.... ever since I've been in Caguas I have spoken so much English, we teach many in English, which is cool. But the mom wants her daughter to get to know Jesus. She has studied many other religions and the family attends a church at the beach. We found out they are our next door neighbors. Anyways the mom wants us to help her older daughter (break dancer) to grow her faith in Christ and they appreciate our visits. The mom was funny and was like I want you girls to have Jesus as her "homeboy" they're kind of like that .... and she also is someone who has "dreams". She had explained that she was going to be baptized for her church and we got worried. So we prayed that she wouldn't, or receive a dream that would tell her not to. That Sunday we visited them she explained that she didn't do it and that she wanted to wait another week to study more. So pray that she won't do it again and wait until she learns from us ;) We hope they will grow and accept the gospel.

We found another family that are Pentacostal but are so, so nice to us.  Very welcoming and we have shared with them twice. They have been in their church for 20 years and want to be missionaries for it. We have lunch with them tomorrow, please pray they'll keep listening and gradually their hearts will change.

One day we were contacting near our house and we contacted this one lady. She didn't seem interested and she was on the phone with someone long distance. She eventually accepted the card that we were offering her and we left. A little later than that, as we were still walking and contacting, we had someone drive up to us and asked if we were giving out the Christ cards. We said yes and she asked if we could go right that minute and share with her. We were in shock and accepted. We went to her house and she was very kind. She has strong faith and has had some seriously hard times. She is leaving a ten year depression and she wanted us to try to help her. The woman who was on the phone was her mother. We talked to her and it was interesting. One thing that is hard for us when teaching is she wants opinions with psychology even though she is getting it, but wants help with the problem that was the cause of the depression. But she is very kind and we hope that our gospel teachings can help her.
Also we found out that Alvero might be ready.... we are going to try having a personal church tour with him and we have invited President Alvarado, so if he felt like confessing President was there.  Please pray this will be it :)

We played a game called ‘What if’ and it was funny cuz there was a paper that said ‘what if chocolate was illegal?’ and the answer was ‘my mom would have a cow’, but it was a random question with a random answer... we were cracking up knowing that it was very appropriate for you!

I know no one hears from me, I know it’s bad.... I am trying. Soon I can talk to them. HALLELUJAH!
Next week is transfers.  Pray that Hermana Curl and I can stay (together) because in all honesty, I need her this transfer... things are still very hard for me.

Well I love you tons and I gotta go.... be safe and give Kyle a special hug from me.... LOVE YOU UN MONTON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment