Wednesday, February 29, 2012

EMAIL CHAT 2/22/12……….

I’M SO TOTALLY STOKED AND THRILLED WE REALLY ARE GOING TO HAVE A VACATION YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!

(We’re taking a long dreamed of family vacation when Jes gets home.   I can count on less than one hand the number of family vacations we’ve had together in her lifetime.)

… I'm going to be beat...... we will make a deal...  
after we get back, no one wakes me up for a week. LOL.   (Agreed!)

That will be amazing tho.   I just can't wait.   I am so, so ready for some fun!!!

But I'm not going to lie this transfer is good... I have seen some mercies of the Lord and Hermana Curl and I are literally sisters, so that helps a ton. Things have been going well and I truly hope that we'll have that chance to finish together... how cool would that be?    Start and finish the mission together!

1. Alvero is so stinkin dinkin close, we can hear the fresh water filling up the tank. He has been preparing so much and progressing in an incredible pace. His faith is growing and his repentance/conversion is real. He still won't set a date, and we tried for this Saturday, but he didn't agree. We are still praying that he will. It's funny because he keeps asking questions about the baptism and he asked again when we were leaving. It was funny it’s a joke amongst us already that he'll become a mission president.... it's really amazing to witness this. This is what is making the mission worth it, seeing this progression and love he is gaining for the gospel. You can literally see and feel the difference of his growth.

2. Still haven't heard from BYU-Provo which is making me wonder if really Hawaii is the answer... how do you feel about Hawaii?.... I'm feeling good about it...
 
3. The car has been a wonder.... seriously we can see the difference it is making in our work. We have had progression and the ward members are doing a great job. We have met people in interesting ways that have been helping us find investigators... we are still seeing if they will progress, but at least they are potentials....
4. Every companionship in our ward (there are 3 comps) had an investigator or 2 in church.... it was awesome... in the zone we had 2 last week (us) and this week 13 investigators attending church... it was awesome hearing those numbers and knowing that some of them are ours. We had a reference of a members (served in this mission while I was here) of his older sister and family. Things seemed rough to start with, but we finally found her (Joannie) and we taught and invited to church.... she actually came, it was awesome..... And Alvero well he's a regular now ;)

5. We are going to be a part of a student's photography class project.... she is going to spend the day with us and take pictures of us doing what we do... cool thing is that she isn't a member and her grandmother is... good way to hear and learn of the gospel ehhh.... so I'll let you know how that goes, we will be doing that on Friday.

6. Aymie who is a 20 year old girl in our ward, she's great and always comes with us, received her mission call and we got to go to the opening of it. We even saw Hermana Encarnacion who served here with us, and she asked me to say the opening prayer.... she is going to serve in the Monterey, Mexico mission, it was a complete shocker for her, but I know she'll do amazing there.

7. It's great to feel the Spirit a lot more now.... both Hermana Curl and I feel that we have been receiving more revelation lately for our work and investigators and then we have been seeing the results from acting upon those revelations..

8. I am now marking up and studying more in depth my patriarchal blessing and wow marking it up, reading and studying word by word makes a huge difference and really helps you to understand it more clearly....

9. I'm fatter now.... not gud....

10. I can't wait to see you guys soon... I'm so stoked!!

Also forgot to mention... a reference from the elders, a single menos activo we found, we found out that she's a hip hop/ break dancer and is super good and belongs to a crew.... cool eh?

It will be a sinch to drive in Utah compared to this place...

Hey gotta go love you a whole bunch!!! Thanks for the card!!!!

 that was on the toilet when I first started here


Yeah pretty huh that was at a members house.....




Aymie opening her mission call to Monterey, Mexico.





Hermana Comoletti and Hermana Curl

No comments:

Post a Comment