Monday, August 29, 2011

EMAIL CHAT 8/24/11

Hermana Jimenez and Jessie 


We are completely fine.... it was wild this whole hurricane thing because everyone was like you two should be in your homes it’s going to rain, but because we didn't hear anything about the storm from the mission we kept working on Sunday... and nothing happened. Then Monday came with the night being super stormy and we received a call from our leaders that we needed to stay in house until we received further info. It didn't rain hard at all... very soft. So then at 3 we received the call to go and it rained, but seemed more intense than when we were inside. Then yesterday we didn't receive any instructions to stay inside so we worked and the streets were completely flooded like rivers and the rain was super hard wind was blowing and we were working. It always seems that way... when it's intense is when we are out and when its calm we are stuck inside. But all is well no problems.
We had power and water considering yesterday.... we were blessed over here in Ponce..... and it’s been great with Hermana Jimenez...... she is truly an excellent missionary, she has already invited 4 people to be baptized, we have a baptismal date and she is a great teacher. She's obedient and we are clones basically. We like the same kind of things she's tiny and she's sweet. She likes me too, I think. LOL.  She always tells me that she's blessed I'm her trainer and that I'm humble and teaching with love..... it was funny cuz she was telling me that President told her I was humble and a perfectionist,  which is funny because I think she's learning fast that I'm not a perfectionist. LOL.

We get along well and she's already taught me the dance from her city..... the baptism is Juanita and Zuleka in Sept. 10.... we aren't sure if they will make that date, but that is our goal. They are great investigators we just need them to realize how to pray on their own, sincerely and why it's necessary to only have the one church..... we're working with them. Zuleka is my age and she has a cute baby "Jay" and Juanita is her aunt. (speaking of Hma. Jimenez…..) We are communicating fine... there are definitely moments when she looks at me weird and I try to rearrange my phrases because I know she doesn't understand. LOL.... it's funny because I can understand the people on the phone better than her sometimes heheheh but yeah she's got serious missionary fire.
Hermana Garcia colored my hair.   (I’d asked Jessie about her blonde hair, since she had it dyed back to her natural very dark brown before she left for her mission.)

Well it seems like I gotta go... the library was closed and we are at a member's home and it’s time for Hermana Jimenez.
Found the cds (missing photo CD’s)..... will send them and no the nails didn't last because the job was bad at the place I went.

Love you a ton...... mucho and miss you and Kyle and Cody so much always in my prayers..... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
Hey I talked to president and the nurse and I need to get the tests done.... she looked at my neck and says its swollen so I could have thyroids..... I don't know how payments work to get the tests done,,,, if I will use the mission card or can I use the other for the doctor?

Adios love ya tons.........!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment