Friday, October 15, 2010

PARTS OF A LETTER HOME (dated 10/14/10)

¿Qué tal? Which means what´s up?... Las cosas are bueno y estoy consado cada dias. Alrighty so I only have 24 mins to write and answer everything... fyi you write alot, I don't have enough time to answer everything. We only have 30 mins to email and then one day a week until 6pm to write ahhhh lol.... I'm doing good madre, things have been super hectic, spiritual, and I'm so pooped out! Thanks for the pic of Kyle Love IT!!!! I'm glad you got my letter and thanks so much for the awesome box of birthday fun! It is my roommate not companion, we room with 3 sisters who are from a different district and are called to Argentina. They like it and it was nice to have some color in the room! I just recently met my branch president and he is a sweet man and yes tricia and I are in the same  zone which consists of 7 girls and a bunch of elders. We have the exact same schedule and the great thing is we get to see and talk to each other everyday!!! oh yeah I got to see Natalie as she was heading to her room for the first time. She was nervous, but she'll fit in here well.  ......

My spanish is getting there, but not as well as I hoped. I am in the beginners, but we are doing things that are advanced. We are actually accelerating faster than Tricia's district. We have to bear our testimonies all the time in Spanish and teach the first discussion also in Spanish. We did it in spanish before english weird eh.. I have seen hermano reed and he has been kind to me, every time he see's me he asks if there are any messages i would like to forward on to you.
 
I keep seeing more familar faces and it's great seeing all these friends from all over the place. I'm fitting in well and still loving my companions and district... the elders are a total hoooot, really funny boys. I bought a tape recorder cuz I'm really bad at the whole journal  thing, so i'll try to record my stories through that. We have to study at 7am, then breakfast, then class for 4 hrs. then lunch, another 5 hr class, then personal 3 hrs study, and the dinner, gym, and more studying... we run around  and study that's about it. We can only write letters on thursday, but i love getting them. Everyone is right, letters are so fun to receive. And yes i would love to talk your ears off, that would help me so much, cuz I can't call and do it and then i don't have time to write it all, also my hand is seriously cramping with all the writing and typing, i'll be buff only in the arms and hands, and flabby from all the food here everywhere else. jk
 
........ the food here is not that great! PUR-SJUW 1028 means Puerto Rico San Juan West leaving 10-28........ 
 
So so so so glad to hear Kelly got a job and it seems like something good, let her know I'm thinking of them and give them a big hug from me. ........I'm going to soon send you my camera card, can you please download them and send it back.... Thanks a bunch for all the yummy treats love them!!!! Keep doing dear elder, tell people to talk to me that way too along with my address.  (side note from Mom......DearElder.com is a website where you can send free letters to Jessie at the Provo MTC, online.   Just click on the Provo MTC icon on the left of the homepage and you can write her a letter which they'll print and send at noon.   They do it daily Monday through Friday.   Don't forget, she leaves the Provo MTC for the Dominican Republic MTC on October 28th, so your letters need to get to Dear Elder before noon on October 27th.)
 
I only have 6 mins and i'm a slow typer but i want to share another story with you...yesterday we did a training where we had to pretend to teach someone and we had an old man. We planned to teach the first discussion but the lesson shifted with his needs while getting to know him. He was mentioning about how so many religions are contradicting each other and how he would ponder about the things they teach... such as God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost ... I got to share Grandma's story and we were able to talk about prayer and the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. Definitely a touching discussion and drew close to my heart... it was beautiful and spiritual.... sorry they are going to log my off soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment