Friday, October 22, 2010

Letter dated 10/21/10

Hola mi amoroso Madre....

 Let me first off say YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so so much for the apples we loved them! Mi hermanas got some and my cute prima Tricia got one. And we were able little girls..... One thing tho we are getting fat if you don't want to buy anymore clothes for me I suggest cut down on all the yummy chocolately treats. ;p Love them and they are delicious and great sharing tools... heheh but when some are not eaten we become fatty's lol cuz we also eat the cafeteria food which we usually eat more than usual, plus the treats......  (she's talking about caramel/candy apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory)

Thanks for all the letters, I love them, all these RM's totally knew what they were talking about... cuz you seriously do crave letters and pictures. So on the blog let people know about DearElder.com cuz it is great!!! 

So it’s really hard to type and tell you as much as i want so I'm going to give you bullet points:

............

* So I leave on Thursday and we have to be at the travel office to leave at 3am and the flight leaves at 6am, so I believe I get to call you but we won't be able to see one another. So be prepared for  a 4am call ;) We go to Dallas, Miami, and then the DR.

* I heard the DR MTC is super super small... I talked to a sister whose sister just came back from my mission and she said when her sister went to the mtc there were only 26 missionaries in total.... talk about tiny eh and personal.  We also heard she hit a bunch of islands and she had to eat monkey... not digging that meal plan. Also there instead of fake investigators we will actually proselyte in the Dominican neighborhoods, the real deal SCARY!!!!! especially cuz Spanish is hard, I completely forgot everything, but I have seem some of the gift of tongues working. I've learned more in these last two weeks than in the entire 7 years. We are now challenged to do contacts in spanish about the restoration and families. 

* Yesterday was really neat because we sat in the main building to study and it was new missionary day, but while we sat there we talked to a bunch of Senior couples... one of them is going PCC, the other where our elders are serving, then one hawaii temple, and the best was a couple who are going to there 6 mission to the Ghana Africa Temple and they are 85 years old, talk about true servants of the Lord and who are dedicated to do his work. And he got teary eye was he was thanking us for serving... definitely a beautiful moment. It was so fun to socialize with them!

*Last night was our fake investigator training and we taught a literal 12 year old about the restoration, it was good, but hard teaching a young girl about the gospel. We tried our best and she was so cute! Also bad thing we forgot her name, cuz when we asked for it, we were worried about our next thing to say in spanish, and doing something like that is a no no so we learned our lesson... with the prayer for her we were like please bless our friend...  so hopefully she didn't catch it ;)

* I'll send my camera disk today.... its  been hard to cuz I tried getting photo copies and i waited 1.5 weeks machine  broke, lost my photos, and had to reorder, so hopefully they will come now but I will send it tho!

* Today I got my shot, not fun, but at least its over....

* Tricia's company is extremely sick and it is just awful to see her and her companions going through it.... we get to see each other everyday and eat and talk. It's such a wonderful blessing to have my cute tricia with me... and this is the most we've ever seen each other! :D

* I still absolutely love my roomies, we are having a blast, and enjoying one another.

*Please send me more cassettes but to the DR

*Letter from Ryan Johnson (referring to the letters written at her farewell open house.  I'm sending one a week to her.   They're chosen at random, a stamp put on them, and then they're sent.   Most don't have names with the return address, so I never know whose letter is going out.)

* We have a lot of mexican leaving missionaries way awesome, tell him congrats and he might have a really hard time getting a visa, many of those elders have been here for 12 weeks.  (about our friend, Boston, who was just called to the Mexico Villahermosa Mission.)

*I'm doing well still overwhelmed, alot  to take in gospel wise and definitely trying to fight satan... can't wait to leave here tho...

*Goldfish only have had 5 and the rest to everyone else, many happy girls and the box is almost done. Thanks a bunch for the goodies!!!!!!!!

Love Hermana Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment