Friday, April 8, 2011

Email Chat April 6, 2011 …….exactly 6 months since she entered the MTC

oh mi madre..... interesting week..... first off the interview with president was interesting, intense, good, and spiritually uplifting.....
Jessie went on to explain some of the more personal parts of the interview which I have not included here, then she said…..

Also every letter that I write him every week I ask how his family is doing and he showed me a picture of his 16 year old daughter - complete cutie.... and the picture was her with a medal.... apparently she had done awful with her grades and her worst subject was math.... but through the prayers and help of the missionaries his family has been so, so blessed and he explained other family personal stories and with this picture she had won the school math excellence award and now has a 4.0 and is asked to be a part of the national honor society. I thought that was cool that he would share that with me, but I think it really hit me after the interview.
He also explained that the missions are to prepare us to be mothers and good wives and how we are to be supporters for them, helping us be those examples for them. How this was my choice  not an obligation like the elders.... and many more things....also how I need to learn how to be happy and it hit me that's one of the things I also need to work on BE HAPPY ..... I'm happy for the family, friends, jobs, and things like that but not really happy for myself. It's not true joy I have its all small moments, so I need to learn how to be happy.
So that was my interview. ... also Hermana Mejangos (Guatemala) explained that the mission is tons harder than when she started... and it’s going to get harder. I was like oh great.  LOL.... they changed our goals .... instead of 140 families and 20 lessons a week its 140 families including (mom, dad, and child) in same moment and 20 lessons with that too.... wow in PR that is impossible. So that has been interesting and more stress who knows. ....

Do you know when the Rome temple is planned to be dedicated? I have made the choice during conference (worldwide annual LDS General Conference broadcast to millions) that I am going to attend that temple dedication, I don't know exactly why I had this idea but when they were explaining about it the idea came, I need to make the goal to make the dedication. Talk about incredible conference, can't wait to get it written down in the Ensign (church magazine). Thank you for the Ensigns, LOL, but I already have them.  They give them to us in the mission so no need to send any materials, we have them all. Also thanks for the books, but I'm actually not allowed to have them and I don't have any room in my bags. Thanks a bunch. Also did you by any chance send the hymnal for Nestor? ………….. Today is my 6 month mark.

Nester and Jose - Oh boy more news.... so we found out that Jose really wants to be baptized and he is super sad to think that we would possibly leave (fear he has) because he's pretty attached to us, but is also good with the ward members. He is a musician, so his career is playing for contracts (parties, families, etc...) and so usually the weekends are the days to be booked. Usually they don't have contracts on Sundays, but ever since he has had this (baptismal) date they have 4 Sundays in a row with contracts. He loves church so he's bummed that he's missing it and also he can't get confirmed because he has a contract. So long story short, he has been trying to find ways to fix the problem, but he doesn't know what to do so he will not be baptized this Saturday. And if we are moved we can't attend his baptism like he feared when he does get baptized (transfers are this coming week……..you never know when you’re being moved). VERY SAD..... every person mom I have invited or prepared I have not seen their baptism or they don't get baptized.... how depressing for a missionary, LOL, but normal I think. And with Nestor we were teaching him again the principle of the law of chastity and he was good with it and then I decided to share a scripture that we have shared before and I explained and testified at the same time and then he stopped me and said when can I be baptized or when is the other brother getting baptized.... we were like what??? Anyways we talked to him and he had improved his smoking and explained that he could quit and that the law of chastity he could as well..... it was one thing he explained that was holding him back that he hadn't explained to us.... and that was tithing. He felt awful that he didn't have a job to pay tithing and he had been waiting for money to pay tithing. First of all we explained that he doesn't have to right now because he isn’t a member and then he is retired so he doesn’t even have to pay. So we were like okay we can help you have an interview and prepare you for baptism on the 9th. Yesterday we called him and he is still smoking, not nearly as much as before, he has improved leaps and bounds, but he is still having the problem and will not be ready for the 9th, so basically we won't have any baptisms. If I leave I'm afraid they will be lost and they will not be baptized and they really want to and in all honesty they are ready except for the contracts and smoking.

President Alvarado said this to her:
oh yeah he wants me to be Jessie.... not just a missionary (Hermana Comoletti), but myself Jessie
We were talking about General Conference attendance:
So we had to make our goals in less than a week to attend.... but fortunately we made it... then we received a call the night before from our leaders saying can you Hermanas come to Ponce and help the other Hermanas get their foundation?  We helped them and it was a long day LOL... the first session (of Conference) was in Spanish, understand but not completely, and then English the others... so grateful, I love English when I have the chance to hear or speak it. I have difficulties with English. LOL.

Hermana Angel and I had some really tense moments (stress, living together 24-7, need personal time as a girl), pride, my emotional stress, misunderstandings in Spanish, whinings, and more all just piled up and we were exploding. We couldn't handle it, we had a day were we talked but with attitude and cried the whole night. Then I said can we have a companion inventory.... so we talked and improved, this is exactly why they have companion inventories as a rule and part of preach my gospel…because it is necessary. It's when we really can talk about our companionships, weakness, and strengths. Powerful tool within a companionship....also thanks for Boston's blogs, they are great and interesting.....

………….Also before our interviews (with President Alvarado) he was talking about the sisters who were leaving this transfer (5) and how some areas need to close for sisters because there aren't many. So basically we don't know exactly what is going on………………….
Okay I have to go, but trust me I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so glad that I could talk to you today. I needed to talk to you and can't wait for Mother’s Day!!!!!! (We get to talk on the phone twice a year………Christmas and Mother’s Day)   Love you and have a fantastic day mommy!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Love your bipolar missionary (jk)
LOVE YOU TONS Te Amo!!!!

Give Kyle and Cody big hugs!!!!  (Kyle is her brother and Cody is our dog)

Me
ABOUT LOU (her friend from Key West serving in the NY NY North Mission:
..... he seems to be doing better, I haven't heard news about him returning home..... he is such a bum face... he wrote me a letter and I have no idea why I believed him, but it was for April fool's about his mission closing and how all the missionaries were moving to different missions and how he was called to PR.... no idea why I believed that, but I did for the moment and there were many laughs…….. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment