Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/27/11

All I can say is……..I thought the internet must’ve gone down in the library in PR because she was there one minute and gone the next.   As a result, not much info this week!   Probably less than last week’s postcard.   LOL.   Then (as you’ll see at the end) she was back and I got some more info.   Tres bizarre!   Here’s what I got:    

Hey mom i know this is a rough start to our chat but i just found out Lou went home.   (Her friend from Key West serving in NY.)

I didn't know he had the impressions to return back.  I'm so heartbroken because he fought so, so, so hard to get on the mission and bam he's back, he needed to be there. I know he is sick, but how sick..... ………….  I found out the idea he had at our Easter conference and today I received an Easter card and it explained that he was home.
Please keep in touch with him, help him have the desire to go back :)   (Did you see that Lou?   It’s my job to encourage you to go back when you’re well again.    Beware!   LOL.)
And I just saw about Jason.  How stinkin’ cool, they are booming there with baptisms.   (Our friend, Jason Carr was just called to serve in the Dominican Republic.   Jessie was in the MTC there for 6 weeks before reaching PR.)
…… that is just so fun and great for him..... Is he excited?.....  (Are you excited Jason?)
and thanks so, so, so, so much for the delicious goodies, they were the bomb and your letter was amazing!!!!!  ………… 
……….we had an Easter conference at the mission office. We did service projects, another singing thing at the mall, a concert, a fireside, and yep a LUAU and I got to dance in front of the whole mission :)
Here are some photos from our Easter conference (they never came).   I had a blast, loved it...... and we didn't do anything for Easter, no dinner, nothing, just a normal day.
(The following came an hour and a half later.)
Hey we got kicked out of the library and we returned, but now we have to leave again because Hermana (Beltran) doesn't feel too good. Sorry the pictures didn't go through.  I will send the sd (memory card)..... sorry.  Can't wait to talk to you and Kyle soon. LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!   (Missionaries get to call home twice a year……on Christmas and Mother’s Day.   That’s in less than 2 weeks.   Yahoo!!!!)
Wow!   This came AFTER the last email message.   I don’t know what happened but everything was way weird today.   At least we got more info.   J
So of course I am in a mission that does not tell you anything until seriously last minute..... so we drove to Bayamon (1.5 hrs.) and we were a little late cuz we had to do our family foundation before we could go. We ended up having 4 sets of missionaries coming to our area to help us out (pathetic), but hard because Hermana Beltran was sick. So we were planning to be at the office at 2pm and then at 12:45 we receive a call from President. I was like, oh I hope all is good. We missed the call, so I called him back and he started saying things I couldn't really understand. Then all of a sudden I could understand and realized he was greeting me Poly(nesian) style. I was like what - how random. I love my President. Then he explained that he heard the rumor that I danced at the PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, Hawaii) and he wanted (me) to dance for the conference. I was like really I can do that?  LOL...... so we ran for it to make it early at the mission home. We practiced with a Poly family who came from some Caribbean island to help us with the luau. Then I came late for our singing practices cuz we were going to do the singing thing (random singing splurts in the mall). .... we went to a stadium in San Juan and cleaned trash (with bare hands, ew) in the parking lot, and then we changed and walked to the mall, sang, and returned back to a chapel. At the chapel we played games and got more gross. We were all so extremely disgusting. Then I practiced, then we got to dance Tahitian, me and the family... I have video clips on the disc when I send it to you. It was so, so, so much fun and I think I really needed that. The mission was super impressed and were like, I didn't know you did that.  LOL. One of the elders, the one that recognized me from Hawaii who is from there, did a fire knife dance and he did canoe and night show (at the PCC before), he's super cool. He also gave me randomly a lavalava that he had for me 3 transfers ago. I thanked him and said, “ahh it made my day and I wanted to bring mine on the mission, but didn't”, and he was like, “yeah I figured you didn't bring any”. It was great, and the food was divine!!!!!!!!

Easter we just worked, it was sad that no one invited us for dinner. I think PR doesn't celebrate it the same way, but still.

Question could you buy from the dollar store those reading glasses.... just one?

President wants me to stay a week longer on my mission so I can dance again for the Luau.   (What?!?   For real?)

I have to go, I love you and I have more, but we are getting kicked out I think....
 
Love you tons!!!!!!!
Well, as you’ve seen……..it’s all rather random and mixed up, but at least we know she’s well.    Until next time…………

No comments:

Post a Comment