Thursday, March 24, 2011

Email chat…….sort of…….3/23/11

Okay so I'm guessing that right now you are having a wonderful, yummy lunch with Maria Carr... tell her I say hi and wish them the best, also I am very grateful for her letters. Thanks for your letter, I always love reading them, I always feel like I know what is happening over there. It is so crazy cuz I see people living real life, but I feel like I don't know how to live that way anymore. It’s hard to explain, but it's like I'm losing memory of living a normal life. LOL.

Oh boy, have things been insanely awful!!!! The stress is just ridiculous and the changes in this mission are a constant go. We never know what is happening until the night before, and the efforts for those things to happen are big. It's a very stressful mission to be serving in. I'm sorry I'm always complaining to you, but it’s just that you are the only one I can really talk to. Yes I can talk to Hermana Angel, but dang it’s all in Spanish. Man do I miss English.  LOL..... (I don’t think she really wanted me to put this on the blog, but it’s SO Jessie and I couldn’t resist the “it’s all in Spanish” line.  J)

So not too much has happened, just stressful changes as usual…….

I have a sticky with information of things I need to mention to you and its funny cuz I read my letter, and within my letter from you, you explained about my debit card. That was one of the things I wanted to talk to you about... 100 would be fantastic.... to be honest with you the amount they give us in our mission card is 200 a month and is not enough sometimes. I hear that some missionaries suffer while others have a ton of money in their cards, I don't know the secret, but I need to learn what it is. It could be that I pay for ice cream and it's expensive here. LOL. jk (just kidding).... but anyways sometimes I use my personal card when things are tight with the other card. Also my bike was 90 and the supplies for it were 60, so that was a good chunk. Other reasons are supplies (paper, tape, pens, hair stuff, I bought a thing of perfume because mine is dwindling and I need to smell good, and some souvenirs for some people), these are some of the reasons I have spent money, so you know.

Good news we have a limited amount of miles every month... February was a miracle for us.  We had 200 miles left from our limit which is rare for my area. So when we received the bikes everyone in the mission had a minus of 100 miles so it went from 900 miles to 800. We were like oh great we have 4 different areas that are very far.... but we told the elder in charge of miles that we had only 760/900 and he was like "WHAT THAT IS AMAZING" and we were like yeah we know, how cool eh....

Remember how I was telling you about Ponce and the new project that we had?  Well apparently the results weren't great, so for now we are not doing it. In a sense it's a relief, but at the same time, poor people having so many changes of missionaries teaching them. No one is going to trust anyone. It's sad, but if the leaders feel like it’s the right thing, then I guess we are going to do it. This mission just has so many changes, it's wild.

Things have been tense with Hermana Angel and I lately, I think it's just the stress and some of the communication and a bit of girly attitude. We are trying, but at the same time, we both have so much weight on our shoulders. And by the way almost every missionary I have talked to have a problem with PR people, I love them, but don't at the same time. They are different than the other cultures, very, very worldly, confused people, no values.

So good news we had 5 investigators at church a family, Nestor, and Jose. Jose is really progressing and loves church. He can sense the difference of our church to others and is always expressing his gratitude to us. I think going to church helped open up his eyes a bit. It’s interesting because we were going to drop him as an investigator, then he went to church at all. He calls us when he can't make it or change of plans with lessons... also he walked to church in the rain (things that PR's do not do). He's been great and we are hoping to invite him to be baptized tonight. We invited him before and he said no... we mentioned it again and he said probably, so now we are hoping the answer is yes. J The family that we have been teaching is very interesting and very difficult to teach. We have heard rumors that they have mental problems, but we don't know the facts... but it doesn't matter because everyone needs the gospel and to be baptized. It's interesting I have been thinking why (we are) so persistent in baptism (and) the need to wait til they have a firm testimony, so they really understand the commitment (which is true), but I read a talk that explains another reason of why as a missionary my purpose is to baptize. It's because every good person can go to heaven. They can either go to the Telestial kingdom or Terrestrial, but we don't want people just to live in those kingdoms, we want people, every one of God's children to achieve eternal joy, eternal happiness.... this is why we baptize people and find people for baptism as a missionary.  To help people have the chance to live in the Celestial kingdom with our Heavenly Father. I was like why it’s so true, so now every time I think of baptism I'm going to think of that concept.

I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!! It's my second time and wow what an eye opener for me. Before I read it, but now I can say I understand it. I love the Book of Mormon, there is so much good information, love, doctrine, stories, and guidance. It really is a special book... right now I have been reading the bible, BOM (again), and D&C (Doctrine and Covenants) and wow (the) BOM is easier. LOL....

The missionary tag I was talking about is the "future missionary" for kid’s plaque, in English. Don't buy them, but how much are they?

Oh mom I know that when I come back, I'm going to need a Disney vacation with the family. YEP CUZ I NEED IT NOW LOL......
.... I got your envelope with the pictures of them love them and love how Kyle is smiling, thanks for sharing……………... I pray for your guys every day. Kelly how scary but cool she's getting married. I'll keep praying for her. I want to send them a postcard too.  It’s the only way I can write to people, LOL, because I have no, no, no time.

Congrats on your tacos and St. Patty's award. LOL..... and our next transfer is April 13, I think (Wednesday) and I'm guessing I will be moving.

I have not received the hymn book for Nestor, we have ours... which thank you.   LOL. Hermana Angel keeps leaving hymn books at people's houses (it's kind of becoming a joke) and so now she has one thanks to you. LOL.....  (I sent one for each of them with their names engraved.)

We only get to go to General Conference if we get all our contacts, which is 140 families in a week.... sounds easy, but it’s not.
The end of this month Lou is going to find out if he is going back home or staying in the mission because he is sick.... please pray for him   (her friend from Key West)

No comments:

Post a Comment