Sunday, November 21, 2010

Email received 11/18/10

Hola....... okay I'm going to try to think of what comes to my head, its hard cuz you write so much good stuff that i want to talk about too, but not enough time at all. I am one of the non smart missionaries lol, i do the whole print and read them all in one sitting cuz i am so desperate. Today I received all my dearelder and received alot of them, and the elders were teasing me about how much did you get and all that jazz it was funny. Things have gotten better here, my attitude and feelings improved once I had the chance to talk to the president and receive the blessing from him. I love the elders here and I now have a really fun good relationship with them. Things have been good with our companionship. This week was a little rough and stressful between us, but we are definitely good. One of our elders left our district to switch with the Latinos district cuz he was bored, because he already knows quite a bit of Spanish, so this will be good cuz he will have the opportunity to improve. Spanish, spanish, spanish, a mi madre... is crazy... I am very snailishly getting it, but still frustrating. I just keep reminding myself that I've learned more and speak more now within 6 weeks than I did when i was taking spanish in school. I have taught the first three lessons in spanish, contacted, explained scriptures, and constantly listening to my teachers. I seriously can't wait for that one night where I will go to sleep and have a spanish dream, wake up and be fluent. Yes, what a wonderful time that wil be.
     The Haitians left on Tuesday and that was so so so sad. I couldn't really communicate with any of them, but I had such a strong genuine love for them. We looked at each other the night before they left and sang the song "God be with you til we meet again"... yep I was a baby, I was definitely crying, because I just loved them. I was like shoot if I am like this with them, not really knowing them, I'm going to be awful when i have to transfer and say bye each time.  It was good I had most of them sign my journal and I have their info for after. Yesterday we got a new sister, the only other one coming from the Latin group and she is from PR. She is adorable and also going to serve in PR. She speaks great English because she lived in New Jersey for 8 years and PR for 12, also she's an acting major. I told her that you were one and she thought that was cool. Oh before I forget to tell you... those glow sticks you sent us yeah we had a glow stick party in our room and danced in the dark singing disney songs. I absolutely love the hermanas here... its me, kamisese, curl, and Ghersi. We all get along so so well, alot alike.
     I heard my mission president and his wife are the complete best. Every teacher here talks him up so much, I've heard he is so much fun and just a super awesome guy. I am so STOKED to have him. The new sister told us his wife is so into having the sisters be fashionable and super cute, she recommends us on our p days to do our hair, nails, whatever girly. i was like I can't complain, saweet! So i won't have to worry about clothes or anything. Speaking of places, we finally had the chance to escape for a little on Tuesday. We had the chance to go to a store for an 1.5 hours and get the things we needed. The driving is the worst in the entire world, you think tricia or grandma are bad, no not even close!!!! Hermana curl explained it this way.....a 10 year old driving, with their eyes closed in New York city.... mom it is the scariest thing, and they have all discovered what a horn does. It was crazy so many close calls. Anyways we went to this store that had everything and hermana kamisese and i went wild with the junk foood, we were definitely having serious withdrawls... disgustingly enough we are making a serious dent and will be needing to work it out next week. Also the clothes here are so so cute. It was cool too cuz I had the chance to use my pesos, my first time using different currency I felt so legit! oh and FYI I want a dominican baby cuz they are gorgeous people and the little kids are so so stinken cute!
       Cool story, I'm not sure if I already mentioned it to you but we met a man, from Haiti name Fabrice Joseph at the university. We had a contact with him and he had heard of the mormons cuz his friend is one. His friend had invited him to go to church and he wanted to, but he has his own church services, so he felt busy to go. He also was like I have read the bible all the way through and it doesn’t say anything about J.S.? So we tried to explain the first vision and the gospel. It was confusing and I think too much for him, so we gave him a pamphlet and committed him to read it and pray to know if what we were testifying was true. We asked if we could meet him again the next time we had planned to go to the university, he said yes he would like it and gave us his number. He asked for the book of mormon in French and English. H. Kamisese and I are going to buy them for him, so he can have them to read. He also wanted to make sure it was going to be us teaching him, no one else, so we have been praying about him, putting him on the prayer roll, and definitely trying to find a good lesson for him. We are going to try to teach him how there is more to learn in the gospel, more light and knowledge, and how Christ is our shepherd and there are other sheep in his fold that he is collecting to learn and teach the gospel. I feel good about him, but so far everyone that has had someone to meet hasn't shown up, so please pray he will. We want this so badly for him!!!!! One of our teachers is going to call and confirm our appointment with him tomorrow. It was so exciting to meet him and we hope that it goes well.
     Thanks for all the letters I love hearing what is going on, so fun and interesting. I'm so glad Kyle is involved and seems like he is enjoying life a little better now. You two are in my prayers. Tell him I am so super duper proud of him!!!! Also tell everyone thank you for their support its nice having this support and love from everyone! Sometimes you definitely need it. I'll try to write you a handwritten one again, that one took along time and I have quite a few people to write this week, cuz i was a slacker last week. Sorry I can't talk about all the things you mentioned, so wish i could, i miss my mommy calls and talks. This is so hard, cuz i have something to share with you or i read your letters and i just want to pick up the phone and be like so blah blah bah, ramble ramble ramble.... lol I Love you so so so so so so so so so much mommy!!!! Thanks for everything you do for me, and your love, your such an incredible mommy!!!! muah!!!! and big squishy hug. oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Have fun, keep being that awesome loveable smily mom!!

Love your little missionary,

Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment