Friday, November 12, 2010

Email received 11/11/10

Como esta? Mi espanol is obtenido bueno, pero estoy muy frustrado cada dia. Esta bien. We made a promise last night that we will not speak any more English, can I tell you how extremely frustrating and difficult that is. I know I've been somewhat improving so it must need something. One of my teachers joked and was kinda serious saying that when he spoke fast I could understand him, so he said I should be with the Latino group next week.... I can understand, but the Latino part was the joke. Anyways it’s hard, don't care for the language but i know it is a blessing. I am better with my cold, still have it lingering and definitely spread the plague here in the CCM, my bad, tried not too, so hopefully it will pass soon and get better. Sorry this letter is going to be a lot of whining cuz it’s been a really hard time here. I feel like I don't receive much respect from Elders, I was sick, I'm frustrated, I've been stuck in one building for 2 full weeks now, no chocolate, same food, constant brain power for Spanish, no taking pictures. I didn't receive any communication for 2 weeks, cuz mail is awful here. I'm just not really liking it here, but I'm continuing to try to stay positive. Hermana Kamisese is a great example to me.

Anyways it was so good reading your letters.... I definitely needed to hear from you and from someone. ……

There are 3 hermanas here going to PR... and Hermana Kami is the only one going to DR. The Haitians leave on Tues and they are only learning the gospel. I finally went to the universidad on Tuesday and it was definitely a nerve wrecking experience but good at the same time. We went up to random students and starting talking to them, it was very difficult understanding them, and I hope they got at a least a little something out of it. There was one that I felt prompted to go talk to and she was older... and we had some book of Mormons to pass and we had one left. We went up and asked if she had a moment and she said yes. We talked to her about the BOM and she was definitely listening and agreeing that the Lord talks to people and how the scriptures are the word of God. It was definitely a sweet moment and the spirit was there. We got her phone number and hope she will continue to listen to the gospel. Her name was Rosaly. All the Dominicans are gorgeous people and when we talked to people at the university they definitely were polite and were willing to listen. DR is pretty dirty and older. You can tell it doesn't have much money. It was finally good to step out in the real world.

We did have some of the affects of the hurricane, just rain and storming. The lights here constantly go on and off even at the temple sometimes. That happens in Haiti too and here apparently. But nothing awful happened here from the storm from what I know.

I'm sorry I don't have much time, I will try to write you a more info letter, I'm a slow typer which hurts my writing time. Thanks for your letters I always love hearing them, I definitely need it right now. Tell people on fb to write too.... I'm very shut down from the world now, no communication and it takes weeks to hear anything. Hope all is well.... Love you dearly!!!! Miss you and hope you feel better!!!!
  
Your little missionary-

Hermana Jes Comoletti

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, hermana! We all love you. :)
    Sister Howard

    ReplyDelete