Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Email chat 2/9/11

Warning!   Before you begin………Jessie and I didn’t have a lot of time to email chat and then she hadn’t written a letter, so it’s a short entry this week.   She is having some troubles and could really use some extra prayers.   Also, if you happen to go to the temple, please put her on the prayer roll.   She is still dealing with the transition of being a full-time missionary and is facing all the challenges common to young people doing the Lord’s work.   Thank you!!!!!!!
ummmmm........ okay can I just say this is not an ordinary place, so many crazy things happen and it wears me out... want to hear good companionship story? LOL.  So Hermana Angel and I are very much alike and we think similar too.... so I have been seriously craving Disneyland so badly. I'm so worn out, stressed, and emotionally torn, I need fun!!!! So for some reason I'm like I need a good fun filled day of Disneyland (in my mind). So funny, the other day we were in the car stressed out and Hermana Angel says "I want Mickey".  I was like what? Mickey???  Is it a food or some Spanish word, had no idea.... she wants Disneyland too. Heheheh.  We both this week have been craving a trip to Disneyland.
(So then I asked if Hermana Angel had been to Disneyland before and this is what Jessie said….)   no she has not been in the U.S. before but she randomly said it and I was like What?? cuz it was too funny!
Oy so bad. I think of all these things that have happened then I forget them.  (She was talking about things she wants to tell me, but then forgets when it’s time to sit down and write a letter.   I responded that she should keep sticky notes like I do.   I have sticky notes everywhere and when I want to remember to tell Jessie things I keep a list on a sticky note and use it to write her a letter.)   That’s funny about the sticky notes, I'm starting to do it a little bit more than before....
Hermana Angel is sick right now, so I have been trying to help her get better by forcing her to rest and eat soup and take medicine.  LOL.... I think she's somewhat recovering, I just hope I don't catch anything. So I finally got my mail from the office, it had been 5 weeks. Wow! Long time.... anyways I was absolutely thrilled and had a pile that I couldn't help but read all in one sitting.
Do you remember the investigator Nester? The one that we contacted for a long time and finally went to church, well wonderful news he is getting baptized.... he goes to church and Mutual and is getting to know the ward very well. He is a very energetic, kind, and enthusiastic man. He has a goal that by Feb 22 he will be completely ready for his baptism, which is on Feb 26. We were like that's great, but that will be a challenge for him because he smokes, drinks coffee, and has a problem with his marriage. So we are praying hard that he can really push himself to his goal which he fully is trying to be committed to. The chastity part is the biggest problem because apparently he is married, but has been separated from his wife for a long time. We don't know where she is or who she is? We have no idea what the situation is like, but apparently he is legally married, which most PR's are not. He has a lady friend, who we think is a girlfriend, so that is the problem. We don’t know what he is going to do, either find his wife, or divorce and not date the other woman. Very complicated process that we are very concerned about, but he is definitely willing to follow the things we have asked him. He is reliable in a sense, he keeps his commitments, and is always there for our citas.  It’s kind of a challenge to teach him cuz we always have to have a member present because he is a single male. Pray for him please!!!!
(I asked why Nester went to Mutual since it’s for the teenagers.)   .... and he goes because it’s a good branch members friend builder activity. Gets him involved with the people. Most of the members go, cuz our rama (branch) is super small. In Adjuntas (40) and in Utuado (30) members regularly. So it’s a good activity for him.... also when we taught about the law of chastity we had no idea it would be a problem and then all of a sudden he threw the hard ball at us... we don't know much regarding his status with her. Also I have the hardest time understanding PRicans.... mom people are not joking. Their Spanish is so so so hard to understand. I can for the most part understand Hermana Angel and the other Central Americans, but PRicans – nope.
(Here I was wondering if the Puerto Rican Spanish was at all influenced by American English because overall Americans have very poor enunciation and diction and we speak very fast.) Yep that must be it because that sounds exactly like them.  LOL.  They have very sloppy, fast Spanish and slang, I can understand Hermana Angel cuz she is slow, and pronounces her words completely.  LOL and oh PR's, I kind of have a problem with them. LOL.
Jessie and Hermana Angel with some investigators.  
 Look!   Jessie and Hermana Angel are almost the same size!

Jessie with Hermana Curl and her companion in Puerto Rico.

No comments:

Post a Comment