Thursday, January 20, 2011

EMAIL CHAT on January 19, 2011 - Jessie's First Transfer in PR

Jessie and Hermana Miller just before transfers


I don't know if I have much time to write a letter to you.... so I will have to do this today (email chat). But I got transferred and I'm with my new companion now.
It was insane... so we heard I might be leaving, might not because Hermana Miller heard that another sister was coming for her... so we didn't know what would happen to me. Well we waited and waited and waited to hear, but no answer. It was already past 3 pm the day of hearing about transfers and our poor active district leader (not actual) still hadn't hear anything and we kept asking because I didn't know if I would have to pack. So we still waited... we ended up getting Panda (Express – food) just in case if I was going to leave. 10pm came we got a phone call that i was being transferred and had to be at the office (15 mins away) at 8am. YEAH!!!! CRAZYYYYY stayed up all night packing and then got up at 4:45 in the morning.  So tired.  Then they told me I was going to Ponce (SOUTH) and they didn't know who my companion was. So I packed and we were late at the office and we thought I was going to switch with another sister in the car, nope full van and everyone was like hurry. So we packed the van and I was with 3 elders, a senior couple and me driving to Caguas. Then we met more missionaries in Caguas (Hermana Curl there) and we traveled another 1hr to Ponce. It looked like Utah driving by - crazy..... So many of us new missionaries were being switched, really weird because President told us that we would all be in our areas for a while.
Then we ended up driving and met a group at Ponce where some were going to drive back North. I met my Companion her name is Hermana Angel and she is from El Salvador (no English).  I am so stressed and nervous and not just that, but I am the only one who can drive and I am terrified of PR drivers. Our area is Adjuntas, Otealo, Ponce, a very large area to cover. It's funny cuz Hermana Miller served in Otealo. So yeah that is the scoop with me and I'm pretty tired and stressed and want to only speak English. LOL.
None of the South Americans have licenses, and no I don't have my PR one yet... but I will have to soon. She's only been out for 6 months so she's pretty new too. I know the Spanish thing will be good, but man do I hate the language. LOL. It's just so draining, stressful, and hard and for someone who doesn't speak any English….ayyyy. I hope I am patient enough...
 The departure was hard, we grew leaps and bounds.... she even said this transfer she (Hermana Miller) learned so much and was one of the most growing experience transfers for her. Our testimonies strengthened, our understanding and love for the gospel, and our love for one another. It was cool cuz  apparently when president met me before my very first interview he said that I was going to help her with her testimony in a way that she would grow leaps and bounds, and she didn't believe it because she only had like 2 transfers and she was like how much more can I grow, but she agrees that we have learned so much and have grown a ton. She has such a glow about her and she is just so great. Our relationship as a companions grew tons as well, we became more patient and comfortable with one another. The last 2 weeks have been fun and a learning process. We had so many similarities in weaknesses, strengths, and other things. We even had the same shoes... It was very sad to find out we were being switched, but if anything this was a powerful, intense, and spiritually growing transfer for the both of us and we were meant to be with one another.
So we (Jessie and H. Miller) were supposed to have a baptism this last Saturday with someone who has had missionaries for 30 years, but unfortunately he has things he has to change and work on, but we are scared cuz now he wants to pick his own date. He wanted to pick his own date when I got there and the missionaries were working with him and they could not get him to set a date, then I suggested that we pray and fast for a date for him. He picked one we all felt good with and sadly it didn't happen cuz of the word of wisdom and something else. So he is very depressed right now and I pray that he will continue to improve and soon become baptized.
 Hermana Miller and I have grown so much in the last 2 weeks ever since my breakdown....
Did I tell you that we have Disney quotes every night hehehe. We had like a Disney quote battle last night and they promised they (the elders and H. Miller) would keep going even when I left. Fun Eh!..
 So apparently we have 3 baptisms coming in the area that I am going to, so that will be good - my first ones.
(Speaking about the brother who is struggling to prepare for baptism) Yeah he already stopped drinking, but there was another thing that he had an issue with that we don't know.... but I know he will be baptized... I have faith that he will. I just hope it will be soon and he will still want to have that same desire as he does now.
 And yeah I'm so glad we got to both recognize our growth and relationship before we left (Jessie and H. Miller).... definitely a blessing for the both of us. It’s so hard to explain things writing than just telling you.
 She (H. Miller) is companions with one of her friends in the mission.... she has worked with her before in Guaynabo for 3 weeks, so good thing is the people already know her, cuz to be honest the people here hate changes. They do not like how we change so often, so it is better they are somewhat familiar with her.
We found out that I was being transferred last night, and we switched today.  (Wednesday, January 19, 2011)
….and the address is the same, unfortunately I will not receive mail as frequently.
..... . okay i just found out that she said you can send it to another place she's looking now for me (Hermana Angel was looking for the mailing address, but I never got it – phooey!   Maybe next week).
That was it.   Jessie had to sign off and I had a meeting to go to.   I apologize for the jumping around in conversation, but we WERE emailing back and forth.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment